train horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Anybody have train horns on there trucks? i love the sounds of them and looking them, which ones are the best and cheapest? are they illegal? thanks, Mike

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set that my wife got me for my birthday, but i haven't got them installed yet. Hopefully one day soon I will be able to get it done and post a few pics and sound clips...

As far as "legal"... who knows. I would think they are, but I am sure some state has a law somewhere that prohibits them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I want some of these too. As far as legality, I don't really care. If I am to use them, it will be for waking up the bozo's talking or texting when they're driving. 'Driving while oblivious'. Look at it this way, I'll be making the roads a little safer for everyone else that comes into close proximity of these dumbasses. LOL! If the semi's can have em, why can't I? Unless I'm continually using/abusing them, I think that a charge of not using a hands-free phone would trump a charge of horn mis-use.

katkatcher#1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can have them but more than likely if a cop hears them you will be getting a ticket.. either "unessary horn use" or "noise violation" ive got the 125$ unessary use ticket and a warning for noise...all depends on how many people are around and where you are.. my set is an older set that you can buy at truckers "chrome" shop. they look like the cheap ones you can buy today but are heavier metal and sound a hell of alot better, when i wired mine i cut out the factory horn and spliced on the wire for the trainhorns. im also running a CO2 system and pushing about 180psi through them...mounted under the bed behind the axle.
You must be registered for see images attach

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
want some and I think Ive found a hell of a deal on an engine driven compresser to give them a good air supply

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I would love to have a set, or at least a Big Rig style air horn. I need something to show some people who's boss, my factory horn isn't enough with one horn broken.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
id love em and they are fun as hell watching the videos but with my road rage i believe id get in to much trouble with them haha but ima look around still thank about it.. thanks for replys guys