Tow mirrors... Which to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

I ended up ordering a pair of the 1A mirrors http://www.1aauto.com/mirror-pair/i/1amrp00601?f=546516&y=1998

I'm not a big fan of the later model mirrors, and def not the Dodge style. I loved my 2012 F150 tow mirrors. I've been using CIPA slide on mirrors for a couple of years now and they're barely adequate.

I had the dodge mirrors on mine years ago and hated them. I hated the way they look flipped up, so when we would go camping I would flip them back down, and you have to readjust them. It was just a PIA. A woodpecker cracked my passenger dodge mirror and that was when I found the later model GM tow mirrors made for our trucks. I love them other than the top glass vibrates a little.

eluwak

Reaction score
It appears I have the same issue - my passenger side has no give at all. Not sure where or how I'm going to get at it.

I used some kite string to make a slip knot, and then the Mrs. was able to get her hand in there and get it over the connector and pull it tight. I then pulled up on the string while inserting the new plug. Took a while, but it eventually worked. I had taken the door panel off to see if I could easily get at it from underneath and push up, but there's a whole sub-panel assembly there that nixed that idea.

Here's a not so great picture:

You must be registered for see images

eluwak

Reaction score
Finally finished getting them on! Can't wait to see how well they work with the RV in tow :cool:

1ATony

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for your order. Would it be okay for us to use this picture on FB and Instagram ? Thanks Tony

udownwitkj

Reaction score
I used some kite string to make a slip knot, and then the Mrs. was able to get her hand in there and get it over the connector and pull it tight. I then pulled up on the string while inserting the new plug. Took a while, but it eventually worked. I had taken the door panel off to see if I could easily get at it from underneath and push up, but there's a whole sub-panel assembly there that nixed that idea.

Here's a not so great picture:

Aside from the tight quarters with little space, these mirrors literally plug right in? and mount just aso properly as stock? I think I need these. will be towing 18 ft car hauler...