Tow mirrors... Which to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eluwak

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out which tow mirrors to get. The prices are all over the place, and I want to make sure I don't total crap since my Suburban is mainly our tow vehicle for the RV. I don't really care for the later styles with the integrated turn signals. Something that looks generationally appropriate would be best.

:shrug:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Mine are GMT800 mirrors built to fit GMT400's which I gor from 1a auto. Very basic mirrors that plugged right into the existing connectors for the power remote feature. Manual convex lower mirror, manual telescoping feature. I like them.

You must be registered for see images attach

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
What's options are on your stock mirrors now? NBS style tows are prevalent on eBay, but the power/heated ones are tricky to find.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Personally, I think the late model ones on Slowburb's truck look the best on this body style of trucks.
You could be the odd man out and run Dodge tows, there are a few members on here who run them; plus you have the capability of folding them down to about the same size as the stock mirrors,
There is also the CIPA type towing mirrors; the hideous mirror extenders or the chrome slide-out style,

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the late model ones on Slowburb's truck look the best on this body style of trucks.
You could be the odd man out and run Dodge tows, there are a few members on here who run them; plus you have the capability of folding them down to about the same size as the stock mirrors,
There is also the CIPA type towing mirrors; the hideous mirror extenders or the chrome slide-out style,
Yeah, NBS style tows IMO are best. And slowburb's burb, is a beast.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yeah, NBS style tows IMO are best. And slowburb's burb, is a beast.

His Suburban, as well as yours, are my motivating factors for my 97s rebuild;

And for Tow-mirrors, I forgot about the vintage camper style tri-post; on a Suburban of course.
Truck belongs to Special K on 67-72 Chevy trucks; not a fan of these, but they fit on his.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
His Suburban, as well as yours, are my motivating factors for my 97s rebuild;

And for Tow-mirrors, I forgot about the vintage camper style tri-post; on a Suburban of course.
Truck belongs to Special K on 67-72 Chevy trucks; not a fan of these, but they fit on his.
Thanks, appreciate it.

Something about those work truck front ends is appealing to me. Wouldn't do it to mine, but they are kind of cool.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a different style sitting in one of our trucks. I pulled them off and put stock ones on it for resale purposes but I never did end up doing anything with them.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Dodge tow mirrors!

Mine are for sale by the way ;)

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I have a different style sitting in one of our trucks. I pulled them off and put stock ones on it for resale purposes but I never did end up doing anything with them.

That's the style I was forgetting about; I knew CIPA had other mirrors, just couldn't remember what they looked like.