Tow Hook Alternatives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good alternative to sourcing out OEM tow hooks for the front? I don't mind paying name brand price for some parts but $100+ for two hooks without bolts is just ridiculous IMO. I'd love to see/hear about alternatives you guys have relied on for this (aside from junkyard, might go source out my local pick-n-pull too).

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Definitely not worried about imperfections. The fleaBay listings I found were outrageous in price. Even junkyard ones on there. Saving both those links though, greatly appreciated. Just gotta source out some sturdy hardware to fasten them up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem! Amazon is usually the cheapest place to get OEM ACDelco parts in my experience. I always look up the part number I need on GM Parts Direct or Nalley GMC and then buy on Amazon.

LMC has the hardware, but it's not exactly cheap considering what it is. Part numbers 19 and 20 in this bumper diagram.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=24

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good alternative to sourcing out OEM tow hooks for the front? I don't mind paying name brand price for some parts but $100+ for two hooks without bolts is just ridiculous IMO. I'd love to see/hear about alternatives you guys have relied on for this (aside from junkyard, might go source out my local pick-n-pull too).

I can probably grab you a set of originals with bolts and the retainer plates from the junkyard next time I go...just let me know. They may need to be sanded and painted, but the metal is pretty solid. I’ve also got a set of ford ones that do fit with some minor valence trimming. Send me a pm if interested in either option.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol: I was going to (halfway) jokingly suggest that if you didn't want to go to the yard yourself you could just post a wanted thread in the classifieds here and Z71Hobbs would make a set magically appear. He's the GMT400 parts wizard.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

In case you need it, the plate that fits in the frame is GM part 15592531.

Bolts are M12x1.75x40, look for grade 10.9 and a couple of washers. A hardware store will have all of that.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: I was going to (halfway) jokingly suggest that if you didn't want to go to the yard yourself you could just post a wanted thread in the classifieds here and Z71Hobbs would make a set magically appear. He's the GMT400 parts wizard.

I appreciate the kind words. I wouldn’t necessarily say I’m “THE” parts wizard, but I do try to help folks out. I have a disease for these vehicles and enjoy finding things. If I can’t help...@cokeman95 is a great dude who I’ll refer all day long.