Torsion Bars swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early thread comments stated "the mod works" so I know Im over analyzing it. I guess my gut instinct needs calibration. For some reason it feels like there would be unintended consequences.

2000 K2500 RCLB with 3500 axles, Hummer rims and 315 70R17s (poor mans project)

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how much truth there is to the Y RPO theory. I found a document online that listed all the GM RPO codes. I put together a spreadsheet of my codes. Unless the list is wrong...

You must be registered for see images attach

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the RPO code thing on another forum. My code matches so I just assumed... Thanks for the clarity.

Last edited:

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I did it because my front end was super bouncy after I lifted it and the 3/4 ton vars fixed that. I got them out of a 98 with a 5.7 and they were 3/4" thicker. Didn't get any extra lift out of it but they greatly improved my ride with my heavy front bumper. It only took me a few hours to do it but I live in the south west with zero rust so it may take you a little longer

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it because my front end was super bouncy after I lifted it and the 3/4 ton vars fixed that. I got them out of a 98 with a 5.7 and they were 3/4" thicker. Didn't get any extra lift out of it but they greatly improved my ride with my heavy front bumper. It only took me a few hours to do it but I live in the south west with zero rust so it may take you a little longer
Kinda the same thing mine does it bounces pretty good with the plow on. Thanks for the input nice truck.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2500 bars have been acquired. Not sure when I'll have a chance to put them in. Might have to be a Spring mod.