Tools to Carry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SinisterSilverado

Chronic Boredom
Reaction score
I just carry around a cheap toolbox set from Walmart, a set of jumper cables, and whatever I need to change a tire. Luckily, I've never needed to use any except for the cables. *knocks on wood*

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use my DDM and code reader/scanner I keep with me, a lot, but usually its to help other people out.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i carry random tools at times and never the right ones when i need them. lol but i did have me a mini sae 1/4 socket set when my u joint poped on the freeway. i know there metric bolts but when your on the freeway anything that fits works. lol

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a nylon strap, for when the fuel pump goes out and a cell phone for anything else minus a flat... nothing in the bed but a rubber mat, empty console, 2 cds in the holder and the manual in the glove box. I do still have the spare tire (under the truck still) and the widow maker jack and spare tire tools in their proper place behind the pass seat

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
at the momnet... just a crappy cell phone that doesnt get any reception when needed, but for atleast another year or so i also carry dad (hes the only one that likes to drive it that can leaglly drive)

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Currently in my truck toolbox:

• 3 pairs of Channel Locks, as well as pliers and side cutters
  • 2 pairs of vise grips
  • lots of screwdrivers including a few torx bits
  • alignment bar and pry bar
  • brass rods (3/8" and 1/2")
  • Hammers (big and small)
  • bottles of Kroil, Simple Green, Alcohol
  • Assorted types of tape
  • 3/8" and 1/4" Socket sets and a long breaker bar or two and a matching set of wrenches
  • flashlight (spare batteries)
  • Rope, Wire, a few electrical wires

Those are what I find most important other than your standard emergency tools (Jumper Cables, Snatch Strap, etc.) they all fit in a decent size tool bag and are dedicated tools that stay with the truck, they don't ever go to work with me or get used at home. I left out a few things but there's a lot to remember, usually I won't try a roadside fix if I can help it, after all I prefer to have my whole toolset to do it with and that is why I keep AAA but there is places that I don't get reception and there are places you can't get AAA to come to so for those reasons, I try to stay one step ahead.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Am I the only one who brings 1 of all the three main sensors, MAP went out once 30 mi from nowhere was glad i had a spare

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well I do have an LED maglite that I found in my woods next to a big turd and some toilet paper, I think a hunter left it there because it is missing the button, I slide the inner piece on it and to turn it on, Ive got to stick my pinky in it.

Also have both tow hooks in a tool box with their hardware, jumper cables, channel locks, and vise grips.