to demold or not demold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i've been debating this ever since i bought the tahoe, whether or not to take the moldings off. i like the look of solid color obs' demolded but with the 2 tone i'm not so sure. so what is everyones opinion?

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
demold. i contemplated for a year and after i did demolded i hit myself for not doing it sooner.

itll make your two tone stand out alot more than its appearance right now as a "three tone"

pain was perfect underneath the molding fwiw

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no question about it i def love a solid color obs demolded. i just dont want to take my moldings off and then be like this doesnt look good.

anyone have any pics of a demolded 2 tone obs?

Bama2door

Reaction score
My truck is 2 tone but didn't come with molding from the factory and I love it...

Reaction score
you would be suprised how much of a difference it will look like without the molding and those running boards

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It would definitely look better without just as long as the paint isn't so far faded around the molding that you end up with 2 different shades of silver.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
It would definitely look better without just as long as the paint isn't so far faded around the molding that you end up with 2 different shades of silver.

thats what keeps me from doing mine, red is bad about fading and I'm afraid it will be pretty prominent.

bluebear15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'm not worried bout the fade. fading isnt that bad on silver. the only thing i'm worried about is i'm not sure about the clear cut line of blue then silver. the molding helps to break that up. so thats whats got me