To Box or not to Box....That is the question.

Should I keep the box or take it out?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I wasn't planning on putting a box on this truck. I have one left over from my old pickup. Today I just threw it in the back to see what it looks like. I'm a little concerned with it taking space because it's already not that long of bed to begin with. I'm thinking if I install it that I'll figure out a way to make it easy to remove(bolt from below and wingnuts inside or something similar). So, I know these pics are poor, but what looks better? With or without the box.

Thanks in advance and feel free to comment

You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one in my truck, yeah it cuts down on the availible space in the box but I find the toolbox more usefull that the bed space

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I couldn't drive a truck without one. That said, I like black better. And low profile black FTW.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't drive a truck without one. That said, I like black better. And low profile black FTW.

I got my toolbox and step bars in a trade for a set of stock wheels with tires on them so I'm not complaining.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah I got my black gull-wing box for $40, so I'm not complaining either. Once I lift it that will be unusable so I plan on getting a low profile black box from Tractor Supply.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine came with my 85, but the guy that bought it from me was wanting to shave a couple of bucks off the price of the truck. I told him "cool" if he didn't want the box. He was going to remove it anyway to put in a rollbar so it worked out well for both of us.

It's a little bit faded though. I wonder if I can hit it with a buffer or something and bring the shine back out a little bit.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
depends if you have things to keep in there or not i use my truck like a truck so mines full of straps tools shovels even a high lift jack plus thats where my cb whips are mounted. So the question is are you going to be using the box a lot? i also think tool boxes look good. id say keep it. i know that i ramble different things and make no sense so hopefully you get the point.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
id say put it in u never know when u will break down and if u keep tools in it then u can fix it and get a low profile