Tire suggestions (not sure where to post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drive aggressively all the time. I need a tire that will do good on wet pavement. Also spend a lot of time offroad when hunting or fishing. Something aggressive that will hold on pavement and last a decent time. I know my driving style affects this. Just wondering what y'all have had good luck with. Thanks for any advice

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm really really happy with my Goodyear Duratracs. They work well as a literal all terrain. I drive to work, I drive offroad, trails, exploring, ORV parks, they do well in everything but deep mud, they require some speed to clean out.

I'm so happy with them, I currently have a set on my Trailblazer and a set on my Jeep. If I keep my 400, it will get a set also.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I have about 18,000 miles on the set on my Trailblazer, no real wear. I've rotated them twice now.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I mean, I have 4.56's gears, a detroit locker, and a 5.3 in the Trailblazer. I don't do brake stands everyday or anything, but I've been known to lay a patch here and there. I sometimes pass people on the shoulder if they are pissing me off. I get offroad once a week at least, usually rutted dirt tracks and the forest, no rocks in West Michigan, and mud is boring.

I know there are several other "Hybrid" designs out there, like the Cooper STT's and whatnot, but I have Duratracs, and I'll put them on anything I care about from now on.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I mean, I have 4.56's gears, a detroit locker, and a 5.3 in the Trailblazer. I don't do brake stands everyday or anything, but I've been known to lay a patch here and there. I sometimes pass people on the shoulder if they are pissing me off. I get offroad once a week at least, usually rutted dirt tracks and the forest, no rocks in West Michigan, and mud is boring.

I know there are several other "Hybrid" designs out there, like the Cooper STT's and whatnot, but I have Duratracs, and I'll put them on anything I care about from now on.
You should post a build thread on that