Tire review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it is time for me to get a new set of tires. So I figured I'll wright a review of the tire that I wore out. The tire is Goodyear wrangler dura trac. I'm gonna base my rating on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being excellent. First I want to note the tread life, for which I give a 10. I got 75,000 miles/ 3 years, on this set and still have enough tread to last another month or so. Just make sure to keep them rotated. I have never got that kind of mileage on an all terrain/ mud terrain set. For dry driving conditions I give them an 8. They handle very well on the street and ride fairly smooth with good braking. For wet weather I give them an 8. On several occasions I hit a foot deep puddle of water going 60+ and my truck not even flinch. For winter weather, snow in ice, I give them a 9 several ice storms I tied do doughnuts in an empty parking lot but the tires wouldn't let me. They always wanted to grip. I was a little surprised at how well they really did. Off road I give them an 8. They don't do as we'll as toyo mt's but they still grip really well in this Georgia clay. Never got stuck with them. For road noise I give them a 7. With the windows up and the radio off I can hear them over my exhaust. Over all its probably the best tire I have ever had. I like them better than bfg a/t. My over all rating would have to be an 8.5 out of 10. And I am going to get another set. I hope this helps someone. And let me know If you have any questions.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Good to know I had Goodyear mt/r kevlars and they sucked. Now I have Maxxis Trepadors and I love them. They wont last as long as the dura tracs but they are a better performer I live in Colorado and work in the mountains and they never let me down in the snow have great street manners and kick up huge rooster tails. They are also reasonably priced.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know I had Goodyear mt/r kevlars and they sucked. Now I have Maxxis Trepadors and I love them. They wont last as long as the dura tracs but they are a better performer I live in Colorado and work in the mountains and they never let me down in the snow have great street manners and kick up huge rooster tails. They are also reasonably priced.

I had a set of the mt/r too. They didn't handle as good on the street. Or in snow. They were supposed to be better off road but they were not