tire opinion's needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just picked up some 20" xd series spy rims for my 98 silverado, im looking for some agressave rubber for them, im looking at the mickey thompson baja mtz's atm
your opinions on this tire would be great or a any other tire you like,

looking for a 35-12.5x 20 something that will last on the road also
thnx guys leme know your ideass

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I like the Cooper Discoverer STT's

I didn't check sizes or anything.

You must be registered for see images

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I can never understand why everybody hates on nitto. They are not horrible tires. My buddy had 35 inch trail grapplers on his super duty, had em on for about 10000 miles before he sold it and they still looked brand new. I had 35 inch mud grapplers on my old 98, good tires for what I needed them for can't speak on the life though I bought em used. Will they be loud? Yes. But do you want an aggressive mud tire or do you want a quiet street tire?

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would look at some toyo or probably even some pro comp tires but RHamill them coopers do look good and i would say if they made firestone destanations in 20s id get them there on my 98 chevy and they not loud but pretty aggressive and i love em

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run Truxus MTs and love them. Ive been running them since August and my truck sees right around 1000 miles a week between work and clinicals. Most of which are highway miles. They have great road mannors, arn't too loud, and seem to wear really well. Off road they just work...end of story. I haven't been able to get them clogged.

Gamikatsu

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner Robins GA (South of Atlanta 1.5 Hr)
i have ALWAYS been a BFG AT or MT fan.. my current truck is rocking 35" BFG MT's... yes their noisy, yes they pull like a sumbeech on the HWY, no they don't get stuck.

I have two complaints about the BFG AT's however...
1: they grab rocks pretty bad, driving along on a d irt road and all you hear is TING TING CLOCK CLANK SMACK
2: they aren't as aggressive as other AT tires on the market.... but they have great offroad capabilities (iffy in snow)

my opinion, go BFG AT or MT... preferred M T's

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cooper stt's seem good. I got a set of trail grapplers for my 18s and theyre quiet as hell and the grab good in the mud as well as having good road manners. the nitto's were like 450 cheaper than the coopers as well :)