Need honest opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weaponoffreedom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that if the truck was a regular cab, in better conditons, the idea and wheels would be badass looking. In your application, the stock look is better. Keep the wheels, they are nice

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Acquired a set of 2019 SS Camaro wheels. Fronts are 20x8.5 and rears are 20x9.5 im not sure if they’ll mount up and clear everything with adapters. Truck will be lowered eventually too. Had them listed for sale and decided to mount a tire and place it next to my truck to see what it looks like. Opinions please. How do they look? Do you guys think I’ll have clearance issues with a 4/6 drop?
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm not sure I even like those on Camaros.

Richard

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Talk of adapters and lowering here. I think you’re going to have issues with a 4/6 drop and adapters.
The adapters depending on thickness would bring the wheel face right where they need to be to clear. Just wasn’t sure if I even like the look. I definitely don’t like the wheels with the truck at oe height. Possibly once it’s lowered. Not sure yet.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Older camaro wheels but same sizes. The step side is 4/6 drop. You'll need a 245/40 on the front an a 275 or 285/40 on the rears. 2" thick adapters, might still have to roll the front fender lip a bit too, or spring for the react spindle that doesn't widen the track.
Alright thanks

Jvalaniz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d have to agree with the rest of the guys…not a good style for our trucks…but at the end of the day, it’s your truck.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’d have to agree with the rest of the guys…not a good style for our trucks…but at the end of the day, it’s your truck.
The biggest issue I have with most modern wheel designs is the extreme amount of positive offset. There's no dish to them, at all. Everything (fullsize GM truck) prior to a GMT900 that isn't 4WD should have SOME dish to the wheel; the track width almost mandates it, and it goes with the styling or at least what we're all used to seeing.

The only non-dished wheels I ran on a GMT400 were the B-body Impala SS 17's and while I thought they looked "OK" they didn't fit too well. Add in the adapters needed to run those Camaro wheels and you've not only got a fitment issue but a styling mismatch as well.. of course style being subjective.

Richard