Tire brand help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mastercraft Courser C/T used to be pretty badass in the snow, they were made by Kelley. I've run the Duratracs and they're pretty damn good in the snow too. Now I'm on Copper Discoverer AT3 and liking them too. None of these 3 tires are noisy if you keep the alignment in line.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Myself is from west Virginia. What part you from. I'm from Berkeley County.
Tucker County. I'm just below the Canaan valley. Our snowfall average is around 200". Part of why I love these tires. I'll be swapping them to the Tahoe I bought.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to run Mastercrafts regularly, but my dad had an experience with Courser HTRs many years ago that scared me away from them. I realize this could probably happen with any brand or model of tire, but seeing it in person was enough to freak me out a little. The entire tread separated from the carcass on the interstate but one side held on and beat the hell out of the truck until it finally let go. This damage all happened in the few seconds it took him to pull off onto the shoulder.

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tucker County. I'm just below the Canaan valley. Our snowfall average is around 200". Part of why I love these tires. I'll be swapping them to the Tahoe I bought.

There's a place in the Appalachians that gets 200" a year? I've never seen that on any site before when searching areas by snowfall, but then again they also factor in population as well. My home town back in MI is one of very few in the country that gets that much snowfall annually.

I used to run Mastercrafts regularly, but my dad had an experience with Courser HTRs many years ago that scared me away from them. I realize this could probably happen with any brand or model of tire, but seeing it in person was enough to freak me out a little. The entire tread separated from the carcass on the interstate but one side held on and beat the hell out of the truck until it finally let go. This damage all happened in the few seconds it took him to pull off onto the shoulder.

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks about as bad as when any trailer tire lets go, beats the crap out of the fender and anything else it can reach. Any idea how old that tire was?

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I Wanna live in tucker County. Hows the people there

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any idea how old that tire was?

Two or three years after purchase, I don't remember how many miles or what the date code was. I know we checked at the time and it wasn't very old. Tread was getting low IIRC, but not down to the wear bars low.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a place in the Appalachians that gets 200" a year? I've never seen that on any site before when searching areas by snowfall, but then again they also factor in population as well. My home town back in MI is one of very few in the country that gets that much snowfall annually.

Looks about as bad as when any trailer tire lets go, beats the crap out of the fender and anything else it can reach. Any idea how old that tire was?
The average has actually dropped off a bit over the last few years.

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Wanna live in tucker County. Hows the people there
The locals are generally good folks. We do have a lot of tourists however. They aren't usually a problem except for their driving. Housings tight since all the NOVA types are trying to turn everything into airbnb's. But I'm basing that on the fact that I live 5 miles away from 2 ski resorts.