Tips on cleaning the intake manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubya

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am in the process doing the CSFI TO MPFI conversion on the truck and i figure i might as well clean all the carbon buildup that has built up on the intake manifold. do any of y'all have any suggestions on how to clean it without having to take it to a machine shop?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my uncle has this special disc wheel that he puts on the air angle die grinder...its yellow and has these little *** like things that look like the **** on new tires but a bunch of them..I have no clue where he got it or what its called but it works great for engine use because its non abrasive but it takes the gunk off....used it on my engine when i was cleaning it up by the intake manifold.... il see if he knows tomarrow...i would like to get my hands one of them for my shop aswell but who knows maybe someone on here knows what I am talking about

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my uncle has this special disc wheel that he puts on the air angle die grinder...its yellow and has these little *** like things that look like the **** on new tires but a bunch of them..I have no clue where he got it or what its called but it works great for engine use because its non abrasive but it takes the gunk off....used it on my engine when i was cleaning it up by the intake manifold.... il see if he knows tomarrow...i would like to get my hands one of them for my shop aswell but who knows maybe someone on here knows what I am talking about

The *** looking deal is made by 3m awsome product

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Roloc-Bristle-Disc.html

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like those wheels alot, i use them on any surface I need clean for a gasket mating surface.

Im still alittle lost on what part of the intake is trying to be cleaned. If your replacing the intake to run a MPFI system wouldnt you be replacing the entire intake. Im just lost whats going on.

Another thing that cleans aluminum intakes well is alumabrite acid, and a tooth brush.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont feel so stupid now knowing someone understands me when i say *** like things on a disc...i asked my father and he replied with a wierd look on his face like wtf are you on and said "...a *****?.." :roflbow: then I had to proceed to explain it goes on an angle grinder haha

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont feel so stupid now knowing someone understands me when i say *** like things on a disc...i asked my father and he replied with a wierd look on his face like wtf are you on and said "...a *****?.." :roflbow: then I had to proceed to explain it goes on an angle grinder haha

Ive always describe them as yellow *** lookin deals.
Anything and everything I can refer to as *** or nipple I do. I just love *******

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ummm.......EWWWWWWWWWWWW:doublepuke: and how does that make you feel haha jk jk one thing i dont get is we refer to the discs as having **** but they dont really look like any *** ive ever seen :shrug: