Thz71's Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah it does sounds mean. I don't know barely anything about them. The 4th gear syncro is bad but otherwise it's a good truck.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Yah it does sounds mean. I don't know barely anything about them. The 4th gear syncro is bad but otherwise it's a good truck.

They are good motors. Just don't be mad when you go to change glow plugs and the tip breaks off because it swelled lol

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Turns out I was wrong it's a 7.3. The F-Super Duty (as the fender emblems stated) models appeared from 1987 to 1997. They were basically F-450s built as an "incomplete vehicle" (chassis cab) due to the fact that there was no bed installed and an aftermarket bed (specific to its future use) was added after the truck's initial build date. It came with dual fuel tanks with a dash-mounted toggle switch to switch between each tank while using only the one fuel gauge. It came with a PTO (Power Take-Off) used to power attachments (like winches or a dump bed) from the transmission. They were rated at about 15,000 lb (6,800 kg) GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). They came with either the standard 7.5 L (460 CID) gas V8 or the optional 7.3 L (444 CID) diesel V8. All wheels were 10-lug with DRW (Dual Rear Wheels). Also, the parking brake is mounted on the tail of the transmission. This model should not be confused with the later "Super Duty" commercial line of trucks starting with the 1999 model year.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
So that has the 7.3 idi then? Same block just bored out

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Turns out I was wrong it's a 7.3. The F-Super Duty (as the fender emblems stated) models appeared from 1987 to 1997. They were basically F-450s built as an "incomplete vehicle" (chassis cab) due to the fact that there was no bed installed and an aftermarket bed (specific to its future use) was added after the truck's initial build date. It came with dual fuel tanks with a dash-mounted toggle switch to switch between each tank while using only the one fuel gauge. It came with a PTO (Power Take-Off) used to power attachments (like winches or a dump bed) from the transmission. They were rated at about 15,000 lb (6,800 kg) GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). They came with either the standard 7.5 L (460 CID) gas V8 or the optional 7.3 L (444 CID) diesel V8. All wheels were 10-lug with DRW (Dual Rear Wheels). Also, the parking brake is mounted on the tail of the transmission. This model should not be confused with the later "Super Duty" commercial line of trucks starting with the 1999 model year.

They're tough trucks, I've driven a couple at various jobs.

Plus can't beat the sound of an old rattletrap 7.3 :)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Bought another 400 today 1990 3/4 ton. Front end damage only sf rear. But engine only has 30k on it. No pics yet as he has to get all the parts together before I can pick it up. Might get parts from the 95