THZ71's M1008 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The truck is just pretty much sitting right now being used once in awhile. Right now it has pallets of scrap wood loaded on it. It needs the exhaust fixed efans put in and the oil press sensor leak fixed. No big deals. I also plan to pull the bed as soon as I get time. (Sure was easier to work on my toys before I had to pay for my own house) anyway. The other day I got my forklift stuck and tried to use this to get it out, (eventually I got it).
You must be registered for see images attach
broke my winch, a clevis, a 3.5 inch tow strap tore a chunk off the flatbed and wrecked the bumper and hitch on my HD, not to mention my yard, but eventually the cucv got it out. Then

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm just thinking about getting this truck back going again and decided to look at this thread. I didn't know thats where I left it off! So after I pulled that Cummins out and hit the tree I couldn't get the hood open. But I kept driving it. I pulled the flatbed like I said because I want happy with it. And I got a good deal on 3 37s and bought a 4th one. Only problem is they were 18s and I couldn't afford rims. I ended up finding a set of stock chevy 18s at an auction so I bought them. Next problem is they were 8x180 or whatever because they were from a newer truck. So I bought adapters. So I sold the 36s and put on the 37s
Then the batteries died since it sat so much. I didnt feel the need to get the hood open and charge them so it just sat for a couple years
I noticed the tires were getting ruined so I put some spares on it
then it sat for another year. Then I moved.
dropped it off at a little piece of land i bought for storage
and as of right now there it sits. I've been really busy building my new shop and starting farming. But i bought this for it
Then I bought this
its fiberglass. I don't know which I'm gonna run. I have another winch for it. I'm going to get rims so I don't have to use adapters. Hopfully soon I can see if i can get it running

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ahhhhh this truck! I remember when you got reamed for wheeling a perfectly fine truck lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao yah he really thought I cared about his opinion.
Sweeeeet. Ive seen what you do with this truck, putting a fiberglass bed on it would be a waste of time lol.
Luckily for the truck Idk when ill have time to go there again haha
Looking forward to updates.
Me 2! Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk