thoughts on banks exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90cobraclone

Reaction score
bought a truck that had the banks exhaust on it was just wondering what you guys thoughts were on it, only info I can find is from banks website and they says your looking at 60-70 hp gain seems a little high.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, depends on what kind of rig you have too. most all OBS i would call them on it, but some of the newer diesels i could see it being possible

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
No way just an exhaust will give you 60-70 horsepower gain.... You start to see real gains when you redo your whole exhaust and then add some sort of turbocharger and a cold air intake

Cause remember, the exhaust helps the engine breathe better. If all you have is a performance exhaust (is it cat-back or headers and whole deal?) you should expect to see a small gain (like 5-10)
When you put a turbocharger on it or something that's when it really helps

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
x2. That's silly.

I've installed just about every product Banks manufactures. I'm not the biggest fan, but their exhaust systems I don't mind too much for the most part.