This Gonna Be a Stupid Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasteddie68

Reaction score
How many miles should a well maintained 98 350 last? I'm considering looking at a ' well maintained' 250,000 mile K1500. Front end and brakes are recent. Body has been oiled every year - (salty winter climate). Bottoms of the door are rusty, cab corners ok - judging from pics.
I have no idea about the fuel pump, alternator, starter, diff's, axles, bearings plus the convenience power driver's accessories....asking $3200 converted to US.

To summarize: 98 K1500, ext, 250K miles, no accidents, asking $3200.

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
Who knows. Could last another 250k, could blow up tomorrow.

Inspect it thoroughly, drive it around a bit, ask for any receipts or paperwork for parts/repairs. You know the drill. If it all checks out, I wouldn't be concerned about the mileage at all. You can use the high mileage as a negotiating tool in your favor to work the price down.

In 2011, I bought a '97 K1500 ex. cab, 350, NV3500, 240k miles, rust free, good condition, no issues for $3200. It was owned by an older guy who was a tech at a local repair shop. I couldn't have cared less about the mileage on it.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems high to me but used trucks are selling pretty high right now. You need to get it inspected/tested well because you could be well over $5K in repairs when all said and done!