thinking of a 350 swap, little info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im starting to build myself a 350 , just have a few questions,
will the harness from my 305 work?
can i use my pcm or do i need one for a 350? or can i tune / reflash mine?
are the motor mounts the same?
will my starter work? its only a few months old,

im shure ill have more questions as i start building it but thats it for naw thanks guys!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the tbi unit or the injectors will not work between the 2, you need 350 injectors or tbi unit for a 350. The computer not sure.

The rest is a yes, all the external stuff mounts starter accessories etc. are the same because a small block is a small block.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
the tbi unit or the injectors will not work between the 2, you need 350 injectors or tbi unit for a 350. The computer not sure.

The rest is a yes, all the external stuff mounts starter accessories etc. are the same because a small block is a small block.

:word:

It would be best to grab a PCM out of a truck that is same year as yours and same trand with a 350.

Everything bolts tight up, im currentley running a starter off my 4.3L on my 350.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep the 4.3 have same bellhousing and such, didn't know about other things bolted up though. I know the front accesories from a 4.3 will bolt up on small block or I've read they would, and I would guess the tbi as well but wouldn't feed a v8 without the right injectors and such.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep the 4.3 have same bellhousing and such, didn't know about other things bolted up though. I know the front accesories from a 4.3 will bolt up on small block or I've read they would, and I would guess the tbi as well but wouldn't feed a v8 without the right injectors and such.

when my dad built his 355 with vortec heads for his s10 the things on the front wouldn't bolt up. Maybe it was because of the heads but he said the bracketry wouldnt work.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
What year was the s-10? the 4.3 is a 350 minus 2 cylinders. You could even pull a piston and drop it in and it will fit (at least that is what i have read and from what i have seen it seems to be true). I think if it was a newer v6 then things might have changed some but i don't know much about that.

I do believe that the PCM will work fine to power the 350. I think i have seen a few builds where it was used but none come to mind. It would be a good idea to get a 350 one just in case.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year was the s-10? the 4.3 is a 350 minus 2 cylinders. You could even pull a piston and drop it in and it will fit (at least that is what i have read and from what i have seen it seems to be true). I think if it was a newer v6 then things might have changed some but i don't know much about that.

I do believe that the PCM will work fine to power the 350. I think i have seen a few builds where it was used but none come to mind. It would be a good idea to get a 350 one just in case.

the 4.3 was a 93 but the 350 was an 83 with aftermarket vortec heads. I believe the 4.3 computers are the same but there is 2 little plugs inside the PCM that need to be changed atleast thats how it was with my s10 i had with the 4.3. I pulled a 350 computer out of a tbi truck and and it ran like garbage and smelled like fuel really bad then i changed the 2 plugs inside the pcm to the 4.3 ones and it was much better.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

I have the 4.3L Accessories on my 350.

4.3L and 305 share same injectors.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

the 4.3 is a 350 with 2 cylinder gone, to a certain extent, they use a totalley different crank shaft design and use a balance shaft in 1992+, but yes, a 350 piston will drop right in,