A little info pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. My 03 Maxima uses dex III in the power steering.
Maximas and Altimas are known for blowing out the pressure side hose of the steering pump and blowing a fine mist of ATF on the exhaust manifold.
If you see one of those cars with burnt paint on the rear corner of the passenger side hood or maybe the paint has obviously been blended?
That is an ATF fire.
I ran Dex III in the saginaw in my 83 K5 for years and years.
For a few reasons.
Not only is it one less bottle of fluid that you have to carry, but it is also one less type of fluid that you have to try and find in a small town in Baja, Mexico.
In Mexico, all of those guys use ATF in the power steering.
When you go into a part store in Baja your options may be a little bit less then you are used to.
But they will have oil and they will have Dex and they will have sbc parts.
It is also one less bottle of fluid that they will open up and ask you what it is before they make the dog sniff it and then they chuck it back into the bed of your truck without putting the cap on it and soak all of your clothes and camping gear.
One less thing for the dog to sniff.
That was not Mexico customs that did that.
That was US customs.
They got all wound up over a bottle of power steering and had the dog sniff it and they missed the fact that I was smuggling a dog into the US!
The border dog did not sniff out the little abandoned puppy that my ex had stashed in the back of my truck.
I didnt know about it either.
We stopped in Ajo Arizona for gas and I heard this whining noise, Dug down in the bags and here is this little dog.
On the way down to Mexico we took my exes friend and her cousin.
I had never met this kid before but he seemed cool so whatever.
So we get stopped and get the truck searched going into Mexico.
And this kid looked like he was ready to pee on the seat.
Kind off understandable if youve never been through a border crossing.
So we go through and this friggen idiot child tells me how relieved he is that they didnt find all of the weed he is carrying on him.
You dumb dumb dumb ****.
Getting arrested in Mexico is not the same as getting arrested in the us.
If you own firearms and you go shooting you learn to keep the windows on your truck rolled up and you sanitize every part of that truck to look for shell casings before you cross into Mexico.
Not to mention, idiot little boy, why on earth are you trying to smuggle weed INTO Mexico ya ******* dolt?
When crossing a border and before crossing a border you must take everyone involved aside and explain to them that ...
**** that Dont cross a border with sketchy people.
There are times where you may have to cross a border in sketchy ways.
Just dont try it with sketchy people.
Dont get caught up in somebody elses stupidity.
The other big reason for switching to Dex in my power steering is because most CNC punch presses use Dex.
A brand new 2500 will pee about two gallons a week.
So we bought it by the pallet load in 5 gallon buckets.
And I was the qc guy. so i had to inspect all materials
And the purchasing guy had a 84 K5.
And the shipping guy had another 83 k5.
******* gnomes would put 5 gallon buckets of atf in our trucks.
Free ATF!
After banging that 5 gallon bucket around in the back of my truck for a few months we went quale hunting down in a wash on the Pima reservation and my ex and my friends now ex were sitting in fold up chairs right behind the tailgate of my blazer and Scott cralwed up into the back of the truck and kicked the lid off of that 5 gallon bucket of Arco atf and soaked them both.
They both reacted by rubbing thier eyes.
Which just made it worse.
So my good friend Scott, who is also an Eagle Scout.
Decided that carb cleaner would disolve ATF.
And he shot them both in the face with carb cleaner and pretty much ripped thier faces off with a shop rag.
I got overshot with the carb cleaner and I was also drunk and high out of my ******* mind.
So im trying to drive to any emergency room hospital whatever I can find to get these two screaming oil soaked banshees some kind of help but they are reaching into the back of the truck and bashing me in the head with my guns and my skateboard and my skis and any loose ******* thing they can find.
I sat at a stop light while my buddies ex bashed me in the head with a sterno can.
That ***** had a lighter and was trying to light me onfire.
My life may seem crazy to you.
But it isnt. Everyone who has any ******* soul has this same type of life story
You need to understand deep deep in your soul that you are in charge of who you are.
That means that you have to dig deep into how you admit your faults and how to be proud of your virtues.
Any ******** can drink a few beers and think hes the king of the world.
Another ******** might drink a few beers and decide to beat his wife and kids.
Some other very kind person may see no hope and shoot himself in the head.
And we, as a society and as americans we do not even attempt to deal with the fact that our younger people are killing themselves.
Well ******* a they must be weak.
You younger people have to step the **** up.
And you need to deal with male suicide.
I dont mean that you have to step up and take over the world.
But it probably wont kill you to tell your man that you are at ******* least happy to see him.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if you need to carry a backup can of Whoopass, or maybe reevaluate your trusted inner circle. It's like watching a train wreck, fascinating, yet scary, and hope there isn't sad ending.
And yes I have friends who made a permanent life change.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. My 03 Maxima uses dex III in the power steering...
...One less thing for the dog to sniff...
...he shot them both in the face with carb cleaner and pretty much ripped thier faces off with a shop rag...
...That ***** had a lighter and was trying to light me onfire.
My life may seem crazy to you.
But it isnt. Everyone who has any ******* soul has this same type of life story
I so love (most) of your posts.

Yeah, I'm lucky to be alive, too. The stories are different, but there's still stories.