thinkin of buying this truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went truck shopping today, and found a 95 chevy 1500, ecsb, maroon. some rust in the cab corners. interior is pretty clean. runs and drives pretty good for 210k miles. looked at trading off my geo lol. i can get it for my geo, and $1200. i know its a deal, but the problem is, i dont have $1200 laying around. im sure i can get a loan, but id end up paying back $1500-$1800. its prolly a deal of a lifetime being as a i only have $900 in my geo. do yall think i should just get a loan and end up paying back the $1500-$1800? i see that being my only way of getting the truck. heres some quick pics i snapped.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Looks nice, I try to stay away from stuff with high mileage like that esp. if its the original motor/trans/rear end because sooner or later one of those will need to be fixed. But if the mileage doesn't bother you and you like the truck it sounds like a pretty good deal even if you have to take out a loan. Its really up to you to decide weather it's worh getting a loan or not though

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a decent rig.

Couple things though......

1) Cab corner rust looks more than "a little bit"

2) Cab bushings look like they are in need of replacement.

3) Hood looks like it had a bug guard on it and looks like the hood needs repainting.

Other than those 3 things I say Go for it.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well thats a little rust for a chevy here lol. most of them here come from up north and are GONE lol. it does need some paint work on the hood, and top of the fenders.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just an FYI you may get a surprise when you take the SS panel off to fix the rust. (it may be more extensive then you think.)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have to get a loan then pass and wait for one with no rust...

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill fix it myself. ive fixed a bunch of chevy corners. its peeled up like that because i peeled it up a little to see how far it went. couldnt really tell without taking it all the off

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill fix it myself. ive fixed a bunch of chevy corners. its peeled up like that because i peeled it up a little to see how far it went. couldnt really tell without taking it all the off

Oh ok I thought it was peeled like that due to rust:lol:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have to get a loan then pass and wait for one with no rust...

no rust on a chevy is almost impossible to find and $4500 plus. i aint giving that for a 17 year old truck lol