The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My '98 with a 4/6 drop, stock 15" SS wheels & 275/60's required the front fender lips to be rolled.
Took all of about 10-15 minutes per side with a body hammer & dolly to do a nice job.
Don't try to bend a lot at once. I started in the middle of the lip & worked out, in stages. Do a bit over about 2 feet in length, then go back & bend some more.
Some guys will cut reliefs in the lip first, but I found that slow & steady without getting too ham-****** works well.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed; I've rolled lots of GMT400 lips and never cut one. Just careful work with a hammer.

Richard

Eds90shortbed

Reaction score
No, the front is what im worried about... would I be better just to go with a different brand? Western, Mcgaughys ....

Eds90shortbed

Reaction score
So does that mean the lips will have to be rolled with any brand spindle? Also the wheels are the 454 ss wheels not the impala ss wheels... sorry I didnt make that clear