The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always thought it was 1/2" or 3/8". Never have I heard 3/4"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'Canuck Motorsports' spindles are a Belltech copy, too. Use McGaughy's or DJM. They don't push the wheels out.

Pix of a trimmed LCA. There used to be a kit, years ago, that was a plate that needed to be welded on the underside between the trimmed rain gutters. Triangular plate that had a cut-out for the grease zerk on the lower ball joint. Weld-in. Don't know if they're still made or what kinda probs the create if the ball joint ever has to be replaced

Front.

You must be registered for see images attach

Rear. (Needs to have a bit more grindage done in this pic. On the inside towards the frame, it just has to have that transition smoothed out.)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tough to call when you don't know the exact tire height but to me it looks like a mish-mash of drop. It's not a 2/4 because the front fender gap is too small. It's not a 4/6 because the rear fender gap is too large and there's too obvious a rake.

Looks more to me like a 4/4 which wouldn't be a kit, but separate parts used - like spindles/springs up front, shackles/hangers out back.

Richard

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a couple questions. How do I go about finding out how low I would want to go? What is the easiest way to lower one? I do know it won't be much, just want to make the back level with the front. These are the best pictures I have at the moment to show the difference. Thanks in advance! If you need any other info, let me know.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all you want to do is lower the rear to level it, then you just need a pair of 2" drop shackles. They'll run you around $50 or so and take you 30-45 minutes to install. You don't even need to pull your wheels off.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all you want to do is lower the rear to level it, then you just need a pair of 2" drop shackles. They'll run you around $50 or so and take you 30-45 minutes to install. You don't even need to pull your wheels off.
I know lowering a truck 2" isn't much but how much can you lower one before the pinion angle become an issue ? I've lowered several over the years and always adjusted the angle. Some people think if you don't lower it at least 3" the angle isn't an issue. What do you guys think ? Thanks.