The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other problem with a 2-link is that it tends to break axle housings. So its not the quality of your friends welding you have to worry about.....

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easier to fab in your back yard. Unless you run your four link outside the frame you lose your gas tank. Not only that, but if you use the four link you showed above, you would need to run your bags on the axle. If you run them on heftier lower links you get twice the lift-but you cant run upper bars because of the bags. It rides better too. So a third link goes from the axle to the right of the gas tank and attaches to a (reinforced) gas tank crossmember.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easier to fab in your back yard. Unless you run your four link outside the frame you lose your gas tank. Not only that, but if you use the four link you showed above, you would need to run your bags on the axle. If you run them on heftier lower links you get twice the lift-but you cant run upper bars because of the bags. It rides better too. So a third link goes from the axle to the right of the gas tank and attaches to a (reinforced) gas tank crossmember.

Im still really new to bagged vehicles. what im going to do temporarily is lower it static with some helper bags in the rear so I can still throw something in the bed. (manually filled). until I can get everything to bag it.

so, im wanting a set up that I can still haul whatever. my wife already isn't happy im lowering a truck ha ha. that's why I decided to bag it.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had my 93 ec lowered static at 5-7 I used some overload bags and put some stupidly heavy loads on it and after pumping up the bags, it ran level and never bottomed out. And it rode really well even unloaded. In fact I kept about 20lbs of air in the bags all the time because it rode better that way. I had bolt in notched too.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my 93 ec lowered static at 5-7 I used some overload bags and put some stupidly heavy loads on it and after pumping up the bags, it ran level and never bottomed out. And it rode really well even unloaded. In fact I kept about 20lbs of air in the bags all the time because it rode better that way. I had bolt in notched too.

that's my plan. the guy doing my notch makes his own notches. Im wanting as much as a notch as possible without cutting the bed, also without sacrificing strength.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bolt in notches even require you to notch the bed support, so thats as far as you can go without intruding into the bed.