The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With a 4 rear inch rear drop and no drop in the front the rear will sit slightly lower in my experience than the front. For just leveling I use a pair of drop shackles, the ones I use on the 88-98 are from O'reilly auto parts and are 3 inch drop shackles.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
With a 4 rear inch rear drop and no drop in the front the rear will sit slightly lower in my experience than the front. For just leveling I use a pair of drop shackles, the ones I use on the 88-98 are from O'reilly auto parts and are 3 inch drop shackles.
I've got 2" drop shackles on it now but the front end still sets lower than the rear and I really want it level or have a slight rake. Would the rake be real noticeable with a 4" drop on the rear and no drop on the front?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know what you are saying 2 inches isn't enough and 4 is too much for just leveling, 3 is the perfect spot for level, or at least to me.

rmurphy1897

Reaction score
I know what you are saying 2 inches isn't enough and 4 is too much for just leveling, 3 is the perfect spot for level, or at least to me.
Guess I'm gonna have to look into those 3" shackles. Sounds like the best route to take lol

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This all depends on whether the front is at factory stock height. It may be all factory, but is it at factory height? Old saggy springs, a previous owner that cut a coil, and who knows what else can effect where the front sits in relation to the back. Heck, even a helper spring in back because a previous owner towed a lot can skew things.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This all depends on whether the front is at factory stock height. It may be all factory, but is it at factory height? Old saggy springs, a previous owner that cut a coil, and who knows what else can effect where the front sits in relation to the back. Heck, even a helper spring in back because a previous owner towed a lot can skew things.
Agreed, I am talking about one that is totally factory height.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
What's the easiest cheapest way to lower the rear? I'd like to lower it an inch or two after I get new shocks.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, where should I get them from?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8