The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muskratt2

Reaction score
Ok, I have a question here that I haven't seen.
I have an 89 C1500 that I'm getting ready to lower with DJM's rear flip kit which will make it 6" & then adding the shackle kit to add another 2" to give it a total of 8" lowered in the rear.
My question is since I will have to notch the frame for the flip kit will I have to notch it more since I am adding the shackle kit?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to notch the frame for anything dropped 4" or more. You might even have to do some bed modification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, the shackle only adds about 1 1/2" extra. Along with that, it will also screw up your pinion angle, so you will need to run shims. If you run just the regular bolt in notch, you won't even be able to carry a gas can back there without bottoming out.

Muskratt2

Reaction score
Actually, the shackle only adds about 1 1/2" extra. Along with that, it will also screw up your pinion angle, so you will need to run shims. If you run just the regular bolt in notch, you won't even be able to carry a gas can back there without bottoming out.

That's what I was wondering.

Ondia2_OBS

Reaction score
What's it take to do a 4/8 or 10 drop on 24x10s 255/30R24 25mm offset.... i know 2 inch spindles and springs and flip kit with hangers and shackles... how big of a notch and will the front clear?

Ondia2_OBS

Reaction score
Dbl post.... i ordered my wheels Nov 20th 2014 and haven't got them yet I got the truck Dec 18th 2014 and I want to lower it already getting impatient