The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3/5 looks good. And if I can keep the size tires I have on now that would be great, if not I'm going to need new fronts next year anyway. Might as well get all four a little smaller.

Where can I get a 3/4 kit? Or do I need to buy seperate pieces?

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
From what I under stand its gotta be pieced together purple front keys and shackles and hangers. Or you can get drop leaves and shackles for the back

Adam

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the rear susp. parts on a 4x4 vs. 2wd?

I think I want to do 2in hangers and 2in shackles in the rear and 2-3in keys. But I can't find hangers that say for 4wd.

Eagle

Reaction score
98 Chevy Suburban c2500

Hello never dropped a vehicle before and I am looking for some guidance. There are 2 kits available for my suburban a 3/4 and a 4 or 5/7 flip kit from beltech 968sp that includes the shocks. I wold like to go as low as possible but still be able to tow my 23' cuddy cabin(7k lbs probably a 700lb tongue wt.). Just wondering if anyone has done this and still tried to tow something. I am concerned about clearance. I was told that putting on the beltech helper bag wold make it all work. Just wanted to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger and drop 1400 bucks plus the family will be pissed if we can't get the boat to the lake.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Last edited:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
You can do the 5/7 but you will have to have the helper bag kit for sure with thay much weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way to flip the hangers? Like take them off flip them upside down and switch them to the opposite side?

I can't see spending $200+ for a set of 2" drop hangers and shackles. If I can just flip the original ones, And pay less then $100 for drop shackles and keys.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can do the 5/7 but you will have to have the helper bag kit for sure with thay much weight.

this is not necessarily true. All you are doing is putting the axle on the other side of the spring. You don't change the spring. If will still carry the exact same amount of weight it did before, just 6in lower. I had a flip on my 93, and it pulled my Ski Nautique just fine, and that there is a pretty heavy boat...

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I understand that. The issue comes from not having enough travel space between the axle and frame. The helpers will help prevent the axle from hitting the frame and differential from hitting the bottom of the bed.

My 93 when I had it static 4/8 would bottom out on the frame on good bumps when I would carry my 4 wheeler in the back.