The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert

Reaction score
'90 Sierra short bed lowering questions

ive seen it done before. guy on gmfs did it, he used 2500 control arms, same thing as the 4wd uppers. i thought about doin it when i do mine.

Advice needed..... just bought a 90 GMC Sierra short bed because it reminded me of my first truck 20 years ago. I've had less trouble using drop spring in the front than spindles. Geometry was instantly off with spindles. Technology has changed since then. I want to put 20" rims on it without being forced to tuck the tires under the fenders. Any ideas about rim size and suspension is greatly appreciated

Robert

Reaction score
I'll try and post pics as soon as I can do everyone can monitor my progress

Robert

Reaction score
Your trk is exactly how I want mine to sit. Can you send me more info on suspension, rim& tires size. Great Job, by the way

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Your trk is exactly how I want mine to sit. Can you send me more info on suspension, rim& tires size. Great Job, by the way

It would help us give you answers if we knew who's truck you were talking about

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I like the stance. What size wheel you planning on running?

It would help us give you answers if we knew who's truck you were talking about

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

Yes! Please! I'm so confused!
Just ribbin' ya!
Use the 'reply with quote' feature, then we'll know who you're talking/referring to.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed my rear shackles on my 2WD 2000 Tahoe Limited, but it seems like the rear end is bottoming out over bumps and dips like it is a low rider .i still have the bilstein shocks on her but should I change them out for a better ride and if so what kind? I like the stance but will put the other shackles on to get my nice ride back for rear passengers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed my rear shackles on my 2WD 2000 Tahoe Limited, but it seems like the rear end is bottoming out over bumps and dips like it is a low rider .i still have the bilstein shocks on her but should I change them out for a better ride and if so what kind? I like the stance but will put the other shackles on to get my nice ride back for rear passengers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did you change out the bumpstops? I know the rear bumpstops on my '99 4-door Yukon were HUGE. I swapped them out for a pair of the little button-style stops and that helped.

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you change out the bumpstops? I know the rear bumpstops on my '99 4-door Yukon were HUGE. I swapped them out for a pair of the little button-style stops and that helped.
No I didn't. What are the button style? Name and model?