The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe man

Reaction score
Yea my truck is the obs model its a99 yukon and ima get a stepnotch for it wat abt driveshaft issues if I do yhe flip kit ?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
If you get the right kit for the truck, there should be no driveshaft issues. The axle saddles should set the pinion angle. A flip kit for an suv should have new front spring hangers that actually provide some "lift". If you were to just straight flip the axle like a pickup, you'd end up up with about 8-9" of drop.

Sent from an obama phone

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea my truck is the obs model its a99 yukon and ima get a stepnotch for it wat abt driveshaft issues if I do yhe flip kit ?

If you get the right kit for the truck, there should be no driveshaft issues. The axle saddles should set the pinion angle. A flip kit for an suv should have new front spring hangers that actually provide some "lift". If you were to just straight flip the axle like a pickup, you'd end up up with about 8-9" of drop.

Sent from an obama phone

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You may have to do something with that exhaust.
And those slotted bolt holes on the hangers should probably have some washers on 'em. Don't want to take a chance of those bolt heads pulling through the holes.
I'd be putting washers on all those bolts on the hangers, actually.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And those slotted bolt holes on the hangers should probably have some washers on 'em. Don't want to take a chance of those bolt heads pulling through the holes.
x2 those look scary

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Haha, thanks! Those were from when I first put up to see how they set last year. They do have washers on them because I thought the same way. And the exhaust was cut afterwards as well.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
This isnt a question but I thought I would throw this tiny bit of info out... when doing a flip kit on a short bednmost recomend notching then bed support directly above the rear end well this is NOT the case on a long bed the support is actually behind the rear end and not neccesary to notch

tahoe man

Reaction score
Wer did yuh get that c notch ?don't knw yet abt getting a step notch ima need a cnotch how much for one ? And any issues wen yuh installed it ?

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wer did yuh get that c notch ?don't knw yet abt getting a step notch ima need a cnotch how much for one ? And any issues wen yuh installed it ?

How low are you wanting to go? I got my setup from norcalss. Member on the forum. Its a 4/6 drop. With that your going to have to notch the cross member above the driveshaft.