The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
three in the front four in the rear

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my static android

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. so I have been gone for awhile but want to get back into the fullsize game again.... So I came across a 95 GMC sierra SLE c1500 that was in great shape with 122,*** but the guy wanted $5,000 an wouldn't budge on his price so I didn't get it.......

But I came across a 1992 GMC sierria reg. cab short bed c1500 with 112,500 miles it has markings on the bed that say's 350ss an the guy say's it was GMC's answer to the chevy 454 ss any body know if they made these trucks or not?

Also I had a 93 ecsb that I lowered 4/6 with DJM kit an used a AVS under bed c-notch an it drove just fine no vibes or any thing.....
With this truck I would like to drop it 5/7 an use the AVS underbed c-notch my ? for this is with dropping it this much will I have any other problems like the driveshaft pushing in to far into the transmission an so forth an creating vibrations or any other problems I should know about?
Also with it being this 350ss that was to be the answer to the 454ss are the rearends different on these trucks an will the flip kit still work on these trucks like the their supposed to?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
350ss is just a decal hes full of poop gmc did have a sierra gt but not really anything but badging. Im at 5/7 no vibratioins etc u will be fine with that notch.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Ok. so I have been gone for awhile but want to get back into the fullsize game again.... So I came across a 95 GMC sierra SLE c1500 that was in great shape with 122,*** but the guy wanted $5,000 an wouldn't budge on his price so I didn't get it.......

But I came across a 1992 GMC sierria reg. cab short bed c1500 with 112,500 miles it has markings on the bed that say's 350ss an the guy say's it was GMC's answer to the chevy 454 ss any body know if they made these trucks or not?

Also I had a 93 ecsb that I lowered 4/6 with DJM kit an used a AVS under bed c-notch an it drove just fine no vibes or any thing.....
With this truck I would like to drop it 5/7 an use the AVS underbed c-notch my ? for this is with dropping it this much will I have any other problems like the driveshaft pushing in to far into the transmission an so forth an creating vibrations or any other problems I should know about?
Also with it being this 350ss that was to be the answer to the 454ss are the rearends different on these trucks an will the flip kit still work on these trucks like the their supposed to?

Just to pick your brain and give yo usome anwsers.. GMs "answer" to the 454ss, would be the Chevrolet "SPORT". which is what i got, gmc, woudl have had like dev stated above, is the Sierra GT or even the rare, Sierra ST. The rearends on the sport trucks are stock 10 bolt 8.5... i know for a fact since i blew mine up! As far as the sdtyling of the truck, i cant tell you if those "sports" had anything performance wise on them. Like the 454ss, gear box had a shorted lock to lock. Bigger rear end. a stiffer suspension(i think). Other then those few things. I dont think the "SPORTS" had anything. Other like i said, styling. SS rims, front fog lights. Blacked out bumpers(no chrome)....

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the so called gmc 350ss.
Another suspension ? he says it's been lowered 2/4 with all Belltech parts no problem that but I want to drop it 5/7 for me to do this I would need to get some stock hangers first an put them on first correct ?