The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not IMO... Shocks aren't really load-bearing in any sense. They're just there to stabilize the suspension during travel. If you've got sagging issues it's most likely either body bushings or springs.

EDIT - Side note, if you need springs (coil OR leaf) these are the guys to talk to. They'll even custom make lift or lowering springs for you.

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/
Body bushings... Ill have to crawl under and check them out.

brice

Reaction score
installing a 3 inch body lift, directions say to notch the fan shroud but there is no picture and I'm not sure what they mean. any help out there? thanks!!

350_Malibu

Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined to help my son get some answers on his truck we just picked him up. He has a 1996 2wd Cheyenne with the 5 lug wheels, unfortunately when we bought it, it didn't have the stock wheels. Instead it had some Jeep wheels that are way wrong that the previous owner used a 1 and 1/4 concentric spacer on top of a 1/4" spacer to make them fit and we need them gone for his safety. I told him to buy what he want's and I'd help him install it, so he bought a 4" Rough Country lift with the lift spindles in the front thats been sitting until we can find wheels. I am going to help him install it in a few weeks, but need help on the wheel backspacing. The wheels he wants are the American Racing AR23's and he wants to run the typical 31x10.50 on 15's. The AR23's he want's are these here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/are-235873/overview/ I just can't figure out if the backspacing of 3.75" with -19mm offset will clear the front brakes and extended height spindles. I've measured until my fingers are tired and think they will fit fine, but can't get a good reference since the wheels he has are FUBAR and the spacers are throwing me off. Was hoping someone here might know for sure.

Any help would be truly appreciated before I pull my last few hairs out.

N3334D

Reaction score
What part of Oregon are you in? I'm in Yakima and think I may have some wheels from a '94 work truck that should fit. If I remember they have 31x10.5r15 studded snows on them.

350_Malibu

Reaction score
In Portland Metro outskirts. Just ordered the wheels. Center bore was fine so I went with it. Thanks for the input guys.

cochino12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I can't seem to find anyone running 285 75 17 on NBS wheels. I assume they should fit with a small crank, especially if they are undersized like my toyo 285 70s were. Anyone have pictures?