The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
What are the symptoms of worn out torsion keys and/or torsion bars?
Having to crank the keys more to get the same amount of adjustment height is a symptom. Cranking them up to desired height, only to have them drop back down to the original height means they're completely wore out. What exactly are you dealing with?

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Having to crank the keys more to get the same amount of adjustment height is a symptom. Cranking them up to desired height, only to have them drop back down to the original height means they're completely wore out. What exactly are you dealing with?
My key bolts are pretty much all the ways in, and my cv angles are damn near flat. That's cranking to be level with a 4" block :/. I've always associated worn out T-bar's with being bouncy though, and mine aren't bouncy at all. They have 0 bounce in them.

I'm trying to shake out my suspension issues if I'm going to keep this thing RE my build thread.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
My key bolts are pretty much all the ways in, and my cv angles are damn near flat. That's cranking to be level with a 4" block :/. I've always associated worn out T-bar's with being bouncy though, and mine aren't bouncy at all. They have 0 bounce in them.

I'm trying to shake out my suspension issues if I'm going to keep this thing RE my build thread.
It must have Alot of rake doesn't it? You can't even crank to level with 4 inch blocks with brand new t bars.

Andre

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
I have a 95 k1500 with a 4inch pro comp lift running 15x14 welds on 33/12.5/15 replaced busing twice in the course of 3 weeks upper control arm bushing any advice? Or is this just a common chevy issue

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Guys stop the E drama and crap talking, take it to PMs if you have nothing good to say or something positive to add. If it continues temp. bans will be coming your way!