The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pewterz71

Reaction score
ok so it seems to be known that to get the full six inches from the rough country 6 inch kit you have to crank your keys all the way. If i were to buy a set of 2 inch lift or leveling keys would it be better for my front end than cranking my stock keys to the max?

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so it seems to be known that to get the full six inches from the rough country 6 inch kit you have to crank your keys all the way. If i were to buy a set of 2 inch lift or leveling keys would it be better for my front end than cranking my stock keys to the max?

There would be no difference. Cranking is cranking, You're still changing cv angles and can only crank to the stopper. Now if your bars are worn out and your stock keys won't take you all the way to the stops then you'll need new torsion bars. Hope this helps.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How often do you guys retighten everything or check everything after you install your kit? It says after the first 500 then after each 3k...wasn't sure if you guys do that or never had any issues?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
On my procomp, like once a month! The center drop link support arm like to come loose I dont have a clue why its kind of annoying, but at the end of the day its only a tiny small issue. If i hear a random clunk when turning sharp i know its time to check.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often do you guys retighten everything or check everything after you install your kit? It says after the first 500 then after each 3k...wasn't sure if you guys do that or never had any issues?

That is what RCX recommended to me was 500 then every 2500-3k but obviously if something doesn't feel right you'd check before.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if anyone actually did go through all the bolts and check or if it was a suggested don't need to but there for liability thing

ccox

Reaction score
I ordered a Performance Accessories 3" BL kit. there are 3 pucks that are skinnier than the others. Where do these go?

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I ordered a Performance Accessories 3" BL kit. there are 3 pucks that are skinnier than the others. Where does these go?

It didn't come with instructions?

On my procomp, like once a month! The center drop link support arm like to come loose I dont have a clue why its kind of annoying, but at the end of the day its only a tiny small issue. If i hear a random clunk when turning sharp i know its time to check.

Locktite!

ccox

Reaction score
It didn't come with instructions?

EDIT: Just got a call back from them. Two go behind the rear axle and the third goes on the passenger side on the bed closest to the cab. They said some trucks have a gusset there that may inhibit the normal block from fitting in there. Not sure why they don't put that in the instructions...

There are instructions, but there are 3 skinny blocks which isn't symmetrical. Why are there 3 and not 4 or 2? Why aren't they all the same size? I called PA and I keep getting their voicemail.

This is what the instructions say:

18. Remove the bed mounting bolts from the passenger
side of the bed only. Using a hydraulic jack and a wooden
block, slowly lift the bed just high enough to place the
spacer blocks on the bed mounting pads. The small block
goes on the mounting pad just behind the rear axle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: