The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
OK hopfully this isn't a stupid question.
I have a 1997 gmc 3500, 5.7, non dually. I have 2" keys and blocks. as expected it rides like crap ... but I didn't expect no to get a decent alignment. The shop told me to look into some different control arms to help the ride and balljoint angles. any kits that will help the control arm height? I cant afford a 6" kit so the 2" kit will do but not if I cant fix the alignment. any help would be great. Im taking this truck on vacation and need this alignment before the road and chew up the tires lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
You can do a ball joint flip. That well help the alignment, won't make a difference to the ride.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I believe the 2500 and 3500s bith have the bj on the bottom already

Dej13801

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 99 gmc k2500 ccsb with the alignment having negative camber but I think I have found the problem. last month I tore the ifs down and put all new parts on but I think the upper control arms got mixed up or I put them on the wrong way anyways I took it to one alignment shop and they ( aligned) it but thin I noticed the inside of the tire wearing bad they told me I needed camber bolt but I know that I already had the max ones I could get now I am having a hard time finding info on how the upper control arms should be positioned any pics or info whould be appreciated
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone else have that center bearing on their truck that bolts to the crossmember? What did you do with that when you lifted your truck? Fab up your own bracket? No kit I've seen comes with a bracket to account for when you lower the crossmember.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Been working on getting my 6 month old lift blocks in my truck the past couple of days. Got the blocks in, but can't get the u bolts to slide smoothly over the leaf pack, almost like the leafs are to wide. Anybody have any suggestions? Makes getting the u bolts lined up with the saddle impossible.