The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
You have a c3500 lifts are hard to come by. If you can find a set of fabtech spindles its your best bet. The part number is fts2588-7 they were discontinued 3 years ago. Nex5 option is a coil spacer i wouldnt go over 1 inch its gonna ride a little rougher and the alignmwnt is gonna be very hard to get into spec. Also you could try a coil for a 3500 dually diesel its a stiffer spring rate thatigh net you an 1" to 1.5" same issue with alignments. Last is a body lift your still gonna have rake but you will be taller

Sent from my SM-N910P

MikeNJ

Reaction score
torsion key problem

I am having problems getting my stock torsion keys out, I got new keys to lift the front but after I took the adjustment blocks out, the torsion bar wouldn't slide so the key would fall out, any suggestions on what to do, no matter how hard I tried the keys wouldn't pop out and the bars wouldn't slide. the truck is an 88 k1500.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I am having problems getting my stock torsion keys out, I got new keys to lift the front but after I took the adjustment blocks out, the torsion bar wouldn't slide so the key would fall out, any suggestions on what to do, no matter how hard I tried the keys wouldn't pop out and the bars wouldn't slide. the truck is an 88 k1500.
Soak the bar in PB Blaster. Specifically where the bar goes into the lower control arm, and where it goes into the key. Do this 2-3 times a day for several days. If you have an air chisel, you can use that to knock it loose from the rear. If it's really rusted in, you may have to hit it with a torch.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Ill just put this here.

MAP GAS BLOW TORCH & dead blow!!!!!! unless like said above, you want to dick around for several days with pb blaster that doesn't do squat.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Ill just put this here.

MAP GAS BLOW TORCH & dead blow!!!!!! unless like said above, you want to dick around for several days with pb blaster that doesn't do squat.
Mine slid out by hand after a few days of PB blaster thank you very much.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Ha! It's all good. I just did it while my lift was in the mail. Once in the morning, once in the evening. By the time.my lift arrived they were all oiled up and ready to rumble [emoji6]

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

Don't waste the time or energy. The stock keys will crank it all the way to the droop stops.