The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

underdog97

Reaction score
well I do quite a bit of towing and heavy loads o I wanted coil over but yea looked at stoppers and it aint guna go up any more but what would be a good way to lift it 3 inches im pretty good about fabing stuff ...thatnks forhelp so far I know these are probly dumb questions but I have only lifted solid axel trucks

underdog97

Reaction score
well if ya actually think about it the extra spring does help but im avoiding the straight axel and yea I got a welder if I really want I could just build a drop kit

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
well if ya actually think about it the extra spring does help but im avoiding the straight axel and yea I got a welder if I really want I could just build a drop kit
Not really even if it did how much wieght do you Wana put on those shock mounts?. And good luck with that haha

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

building a drop kit would be considerably more expensive, time consuming and idiotic than just a straight axle. the last guy i saw decide to his own drop kit got smart bought a second truck and stacked the frame on top of each other, sure it was hokey as funck, but in reality building your own drop kit is pointless, and no, i can compress those little springs by hand

underdog97

Reaction score
well id like to say none of you have the right to say id be idiotic to build my own drop kit for one I build allllot of and have almost all the metal I would need and I bet most of you would say I cant build a bumper either and actually im almost done and looks nasty

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
well id like to say none of you have the right to say id be idiotic to build my own drop kit for one I build allllot of and have almost all the metal I would need and I bet most of you would say I cant build a bumper either and actually im almost done and looks nasty
Lol we didn't mean to hurt your feelings good luck. I just hope you don't kill any innocent people on the road

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a welded on brush guard. I would like a small lift (2-3") to fit my new 33" BFG KO2's a little better than sitting at stock height.

With the Brush guard is a BL out of the question? I have looked into the Rough Country 2-3" Suspension lift as I need new shocks and I could use new ball joints on my upper control arms (new upper control arms wouldn't hurt either). But is it more worthwhile to save for a proper 4 inch lift and will that dwarf my 33's?

Anyone have advice on the best kit/option for my situation?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: