The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
So to get the 4" that's not cranking the Tbars. But to get the 6" you have to crank them correct?

You will have to crank DOWN an inch, because its a 5 inch drop. Truck will ride better than stock because cranking down takes pressure off the front suspension.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Im looking into a 6 inch knuckle kit because it has a lot of features that i want but am a little concerned about the increase in track width. Does anybody have a 6 inch tuff country or fabtech lift, preferably tuff country? I would like pictures of the front of the vehicle to show the increase in track width and a picture down the side of the vehicle that shows both front and rear tires. Side pictures of the vehicle dont show the increase in track width very well. I do not want to run spacers in the rear and i will be keeping my current wheels and tires.

Reaction score
What are people paying for their RC 4'' spindle kits for 2wd's? Their current price is right at $500, that's pretty reasonable I guess compared to Canuck's prices, except RC would be cheaper for me because I wouldn't be paying for my lift to be shipped from Canada to Houston, TX. Just wondering if anyone's snagged an RC kit like that for cheaper. Thanks!

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I did some searching and couldnt get a definitive answer. I have a current fender height of 35 inches on a 245/75r16.i have py0s and am looking to run a 285. What is the minimum amount of lift i would need, in my head im thinking maybe 2".

Sent from my SM-N910P

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
What are people paying for their RC 4'' spindle kits for 2wd's? Their current price is right at $500, that's pretty reasonable I guess compared to Canuck's prices, except RC would be cheaper for me because I wouldn't be paying for my lift to be shipped from Canada to Houston, TX. Just wondering if anyone's snagged an RC kit like that for cheaper. Thanks!
Keep an eye on eBay and stuff. Everyonce in a while you'll see an open box deal for 400 bucks or so

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I did some searching and couldnt get a definitive answer. I have a current fender height of 35 inches on a 245/75r16.i have py0s and am looking to run a 285. What is the minimum amount of lift i would need, in my head im thinking maybe 2".

Sent from my SM-N910P

stock height

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 95 k1500 with rough country 6 in lift, when I first had it put on I had a 2 in rake. I wanted it level so I cranked, had my passenger side maxed out and drivers side almost maxed out. Took it to get aligned and they couldn't get the passenger side aligned. The top of the tire was tilted in. So now I dropped it down to the 4 in and removed the aal. I hate it! Does anybody else have this problem getting it aligned after they cranked the TB with the rcx 6 in lift?