The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I'm not buying a kit but why I keep saying 2" is if i crank a little more I want to know if I should buy the 2" or just stick to the normal sized cranked or not cranked

my new stock shocks are maxed out with 2.5 inches of crank and i acually ripped a new schock apart because it wasnt long enough its about 25 bucks more apieace for the rough country 2 icnh lift shocks from advance auto you looking between 80-100 for front schocks if i remember right

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I don't plan on cranking more that 1/2" more out of them and right now they look like this
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I just don't want to ruin my shocks like that either so I'm trying to find the best option

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well I haven't cranked them whatsoever since I've had it and the previous owner cranked it level but I almost have the entire bolt out of the torsion keys.

1995C-1500

Reaction score
Hey guys! So here is the stupid question of the day,

I bought a rolling chassis for my pick up.
Its from a 96 1500 ext cab 4x4

right now the frame has a 6" RCD Lift installed on it with 35's has the trans and t case with the shafts all ready to go.
Im going to be doing a cab and motor swap from my 2 wheel.

Only questin was I dont want to run a huge body lift, maybe an inch

Is ther any way to run another lift as well? I noticed that RCX makes a small2-3 inch with control arms and keys.

Would it be possible to run that lift with the RCD for a possible 7-9" of suspension? or does anone know of anything else?
all else fails ill just run with the body lift and RCD

This may be retarded but eveything else ive ever lifted I just did an SAS.

Cheers!

thanks guys!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hey guys! So here is the stupid question of the day,

I bought a rolling chassis for my pick up.
Its from a 96 1500 ext cab 4x4

right now the frame has a 6" RCD Lift installed on it with 35's has the trans and t case with the shafts all ready to go.
Im going to be doing a cab and motor swap from my 2 wheel.

Only questin was I dont want to run a huge body lift, maybe an inch

Is ther any way to run another lift as well? I noticed that RCX makes a small2-3 inch with control arms and keys.

Would it be possible to run that lift with the RCD for a possible 7-9" of suspension? or does anone know of anything else?
all else fails ill just run with the body lift and RCD

This may be retarded but eveything else ive ever lifted I just did an SAS.

Cheers!

thanks guys!

Just go SAS again! :lol:

1995C-1500

Reaction score
Lol I would, but I got the frame with the RCD lift and arb air lockers and rebuilt trans pretty much for just helping out a buddy, so when it just fell in my lap I figured I'd run with it lol.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Well I haven't cranked them whatsoever since I've had it and the previous owner cranked it level but I almost have the entire bolt out of the torsion keys.

if thats the case apparently your torsion keys are not the stock ones.. I had leveling keys in mine and the guy put my new lift on said the bolts were barely in.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how high would the bumper mesure with a 9 inch lift on 38s? its a 6+3 set up I wanna make sure I pass the legal requirements for NY...lately cops have been ***** around here looking for reasons to pull you over.

rummie

Reaction score
Cranking the keys to make the truck level, does this really put much strain on the front suspension/drivetrain? And what would be easier leveling keys or just cranking?