The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I hear ya. I just skimmed your build thread. Clean truck man keep your head up and enjoy it.

Sent from the drivers seat

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Gracias... It's up, It will be held a little higher when I get it back tomarrow...

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
and another $300 to take out the knockouts.

Dude!!!! Your butthole has to hurt! Thats ridiculous.
I took mine out before I took the truck to be aligned, took me 30min total.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Dude!!!! Your butthole has to hurt! Thats ridiculous.
I took mine out before I took the truck to be aligned, took me 30min total.

Please tell me what's involved. I'm getting the truck back tomorrow so I can replace the parts and if it's easy enough, I will save $300. And also what tools are needed...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please tell me what's involved. I'm getting the truck back tomorrow so I can replace the parts and if it's easy enough, I will save $300. And also what tools are needed...

I hate to link you over there but here is a good write up. Its not that hard to do. If you and your dad installed the lift, you guys should be able to handle removing these as well. Your truck should already have the cam style bolts so you should just need to knockout the plugs........

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...ter-knock-outs-how-tell-if-you-have-them.html

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

first mark with a paint pen or marker where your alignment cams are so you kow where to put them back.

then jack one side of the truck up from under the control arm where the spring sits.

take off the wheel.

take out the bolts holding the upper in. you should probably remove the rubber flap thingy above the arms i did and it made it way easier.

take the upper out, move it out of the way.

use a hammer and long punch to punch out the knock-outs, you may have to work it back and forth. i.e. hit it a lil on one side then hit it a lil from the other side. some of mine just fell out.
after they're out i used a round file and cleaned up the edges inside and made sure the bolts could move freely back and forth.

put the uppers back in the pockets put the bolts back in the way you took them out and line up your marks that you made on the cams.

tighten them as tight as you can.

put the wheel back on and do the other side.

EDIT! follow what bluex linked. my truck is a 3500 and had the cam bolts in it factory, i never done a 1500 so i dont know if your truck has them or not. either way you'll need to mark where the bolts are.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I hate to link you over there but here is a good write up. Its not that hard to do. If you and your dad installed the lift, you guys should be able to handle removing these as well. Your truck should already have the cam style bolts so you should just need to knockout the plugs........

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...ter-knock-outs-how-tell-if-you-have-them.html

first mark with a paint pen or marker where your alignment cams are so you kow where to put them back.

then jack one side of the truck up from under the control arm where the spring sits.

take off the wheel.

take out the bolts holding the upper in. you should probably remove the rubber flap thingy above the arms i did and it made it way easier.

take the upper out, move it out of the way.

use a hammer and long punch to punch out the knock-outs, you may have to work it back and forth. i.e. hit it a lil on one side then hit it a lil from the other side. some of mine just fell out.
after they're out i used a round file and cleaned up the edges inside and made sure the bolts could move freely back and forth.

put the uppers back in the pockets put the bolts back in the way you took them out and line up your marks that you made on the cams.

tighten them as tight as you can.

put the wheel back on and do the other side.

Thanks guys. You both just saved me from making a $300 mistake...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well scratch that. I've reped you so may times, it says I need to rep other people before I can rep you again...