The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmm2736

Reaction score
yaaa pain in the but!! I think with the size trucks I have seen on the road it must only be enforced during inspection time.

TheBandit

Reaction score
Hello all! I am a brand new member here although I've been lurking on the site for a little while now. I am currently involved in my first GMT400 project which I hope to go into more detail with pics at a later time. For now, I was hoping someone could help with a tire/wheel fittment question. I am building a 93 K1500 which currently has 3" blocks in the rear and keys in the front. I'm looking to go with 33x12.50 15's for now. What backspacing (or offset) should I go with when I buy my wheels? I want them to look good and not rub while doing some light offroading and daily driving. I will be adding a body lift later on and going to 35's but for now, the budget allows for 33's. Love the site! Keep up the great work, and thanks in advance for any feedback.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all! I am a brand new member here although I've been lurking on the site for a little while now. I am currently involved in my first GMT400 project which I hope to go into more detail with pics at a later time. For now, I was hoping someone could help with a tire/wheel fittment question. I am building a 93 K1500 which currently has 3" blocks in the rear and keys in the front. I'm looking to go with 33x12.50 15's for now. What backspacing (or offset) should I go with when I buy my wheels? I want them to look good and not rub while doing some light offroading and daily driving. I will be adding a body lift later on and going to 35's but for now, the budget allows for 33's. Love the site! Keep up the great work, and thanks in advance for any feedback.

I have 15x8's with 3.75" backspacing rims. Like the stance with the tire sticking out slightly. 15x10's will cause for more rubbing and trimming needed. I ran a 2" block and crank with 33x12's with little trim or rubbing. Be warned that with to much crank the ride will suck and so wont the life of your front end.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheBandit

Reaction score
I have to agree on the stance. Thanks a bunch for the info. The wheels I am looking at just happen to have 3.75 backspacing, I was worried it wasn`t enough...not worried any more...your truck looks great!

1clean99

Reaction score
another stupide shock question. will front shocks off a 4wd tahoe fit on a 2wd tahoe??

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys what are your opinions on the zoneoffroad 6 inch lift for a 97 sierra. I wanted to do a sas but i need a different t case so forget that. I had one of my old automotive teachers that i had for a while look at it and he said that would be the best one between that and roughcountry So I wouldn't have to replace balljoints every year. And the zone offroad one says that it keeps stock steering gyometry. here is the link. http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=397&gr=-1. Just want to know what yall think.

Lotz

Reaction score
anyone know if 2" leveling keys from a 00 silverado k2500 will fit on a 99 suburban k1500

603 z71

Reaction score
anyone know how much 3/4 ton leafs would lift a 1/2 ton? my trucks got some miles and its prob time to change them out.