The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmm2736

Reaction score
I have axles but i think the lift i would need to use would be to big, and no way I could make road legal doing a SAS.

ps. I am newbie I tend to get hobbies and dive right in to them I have a few parts collected for a SAS or a SA truck, but put on back burner for who knows when.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have axles but i think the lift i would need to use would be to big, and no way I could make road legal doing a SAS.

ps. I am newbie I tend to get hobbies and dive right in to them I have a few parts collected for a SAS or a SA truck, but put on back burner for who knows when.
Where in Maine are ya??
and if you're putting a 6" kit you're already going to be illegal, due to being over 29" frame height... and not sure what year your truck is, but if you're like me and have ABS, a Body Lift is illegal anyways... So basically, ANYTHING over a 4" kit is going to be illegal, and unless you "know a guy", your truck will fail inspection... And if you're failing inspection anyways, you might as well do a D60/14BFF swap... Just my $.02 from another Mainer...

kmm2736

Reaction score
Where in Maine are ya??
and if you're putting a 6" kit you're already going to be illegal, due to being over 29" frame height... and not sure what year your truck is, but if you're like me and have ABS, a Body Lift is illegal anyways... So basically, ANYTHING over a 4" kit is going to be illegal, and unless you "know a guy", your truck will fail inspection... And if you're failing inspection anyways, you might as well do a D60/14BFF swap... Just my $.02 from another Mainer...

I was hoping to always put stock tires on for inspection and run gap guards and Nerf bars to hide frame or something? I see lifted rigs drive around all the time, I think that's what they do. I have a set of 2 1/2 ton Rockwells I want to build around someday. I live in the lake region area west of Portland in Naples.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was hoping to always put stock tires on for inspection and run gap guards and Nerf bars to hide frame or something? I see lifted rigs drive around all the time, I think that's what they do. I have a set of 2 1/2 ton Rockwells I want to build around someday. I live in the lake region area west of Portland in Naples.

Then its all who you go to... Ive got two friends whose dads each have an inspection shop, and they're both smart enough to know to fail a truck when it comes in with a 9" lift, on 30" tires... Same deal with bodylift, there is no way to hide one when they put it up on a lift... Maines lift laws SUCK

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score

No ****... My dads family's from around there... I take his 442 up by the Causeway all the time! I'm about a half hour south of you, inbetween Biddeford and Sanford

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah just a tad... and I live right by the Maine State Barracks, so they always have to hassle people with lifts, tint, and exhaust