The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with them. I run them in 400+HP engines with zero issues.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I ran one of them in a 400+HP sbc once. That doesn't make "nothing wrong" with it.
Internal oil misting lubrication system is nonexistent. Electronics are Chinese garbage. I can't quite say there's "nothing wrong" with a part that doesn't match OEM durability & dependability without changing electronics and without machine shop time on a lathe and mill. Your mileage may vary.

Echomirage

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96 burb, 454. Just noticed oil pressure is dropping to almost 0 at idle. I had to hit neutral and keep the revs up to keep pressure higher. Also, the most it read was 20lbs. What's it supposed to read at idle and high revs?

Thoughts on low pressure....pump, sludge? If it's a pump, how hard is it to change, in a 2500 big block 4x4?

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran one of them in a 400+HP sbc once. That doesn't make "nothing wrong" with it.
Internal oil misting lubrication system is nonexistent. Electronics are Chinese garbage. I can't quite say there's "nothing wrong" with a part that doesn't match OEM durability & dependability without changing electronics and without machine shop time on a lathe and mill. Your mileage may vary.

What distributor would you suggest? 93 5.7

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
quick question, I gotta 91 C3500 (dually) with the 454..... What are the sensors mounted directly above the exhaust manifolds on the heads? Theres one on the passenger and driver side middle of the engine..... I tapped the one on the driverside and it crumbled into dust. are they coolant temp sensors?

Thanks

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
quick question, I gotta 91 C3500 (dually) with the 454..... What are the sensors mounted directly above the exhaust manifolds on the heads? Theres one on the passenger and driver side middle of the engine..... I tapped the one on the driverside and it crumbled into dust. are they coolant temp sensors?

Thanks
the one on the driver's side is the coolant temp sensor for the gauges, and I believe the passenger side one is a knock sensor

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Anyone know what all is required to upgrade to run an LT4 cam? Summit racing has the Chevrolet Performance LT4 Hot cam kit for about $600 or so, and it's the cam I was thinking about running.

Would I need to get a tune to run it or is it a plug and play type deal?

I can't find a clear answer on this. I apologize if this is already posted somewhere, I didn't see it if it was.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
''T"ing in really isn't that hard,I did it on my 454 a few years ago.You'll have the added benefit of knowing your actual oil pressure.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't know why the first pic disappeared,had to add it again.Should add that the dash gauge also works as well as the mechanical gauge.