The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it dampens some of the engine noise and helps protect the hood's paint from engine heat.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmmm I'll put it in after the summer or sooner, I know I gotta do it before my dad sees it or hell take his old ratty one off his truck and take mine

Sent from the Sierra Club

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad idea for a truck with that weight and 4wd. You'll have to spin it up to get any power, and it'll be a dog down low. If you still want to run it, you'll need springs and retainers for the lift, a higher stall converter, headers and full exhaust would be preferred, and a custom tune.

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks can you recommend a good cam for my truck it has 410 gears and at 60mph I'm pushing 2000 rpms i have full exhaust but stock manifolds and I am looking into the 4011 pcm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 180235-14 cam from Howard's would be a good choice. It's mild enough to use the stock converter and manifolds, but will require springs and retainers for the lift. The 0411 is a good idea regardless.

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will work what are the best springs and retainers to use to raise the lift ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2