The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
What's a NBS master ?

master cylinder out of a newer truck. Properly proportioned for rear disks. yours isn't. you'll lock up the back end long before the fronts with the stock proportioning.

Thank you, I tried to ask the tech guy at Summit before he hung up on me is that we've bleed the brakes 5 times now. Used about 3/4 to 1 gallon of dot-3-4 brake fluid and still the truck won't stop. and if it won't stop empty, what heck am I gonna do with a truck that you don't dare put a load in the bed. So you feel safe that I'm going to need disc in the back sooner or later right ?

Need to? No. But I've found myself physically unable to replace stock parts with other stock parts when upgrades exist. I think I need to talk to someone about that.

JTWard

Reaction score
Where is the ABS pump, and or should I remove or disconnect the Anti-lock module on the side of the master cylinder ?

JTWard

Reaction score
Makes perfect sense to me. Back at the turn of the 20th century all we had to read at night was natural gas lights burinng. Ya can see how far that idea went ? My dad told me often an air pocket would come through the line and the gas light went out but came back on in a few minutes, flame less. But by morning you had a whole family was gas to death. That was progress ???

Last edited:

JTWard

Reaction score
master cylinder out of a newer truck. Properly proportioned for rear disks. yours isn't. you'll lock up the back end long before the fronts with the stock proportioning.

Need to? No. But I've found myself physically unable to replace stock parts with other stock parts when upgrades exist. I think I need to talk to someone about that.

Well you said a mouthful ! I have labored on this 1990 Silverado for 4 years now and at times I get close to gonging overboard. But I spend 1/3 of the Corvette crowd. I'm a disable Veteran and this is like thereby for me. I can go out back and just listen to the radio and do what I can till I'm too tired. But for those two hours the insanity of life isn't here. For me, putting disc's on the back is a normal idea. If drums were so great, why'd they put disc's on the front in the first place ? But I'm so close to the end of this restoration I can't believe something like the brake system is getting to declare war on me.