The oil thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which filter would be best for my 1994 K1500? trucks got 275,000km on it and want it to last me a long time, i been using farm, is there a better filter for my old motor?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I would recommend WIX. Everyone has a preference. Most name brands will be fine. With that many miles on your engine you're doing something right, keep clean oil in it and it should keep going for quite a few more.

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use wix all the time. Great filters

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought mobil 2000 high mileage synthetic blend, it gets really damn cold where i live, as cold as -40 ambient almost -50 with the wind on the worst of days, average is -20, what do you guys think? would a conventional be better? like a castrol? i have a conventional oil that only says shell on it.. dont know if it will cut it though

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I just bought mobil 2000 high mileage synthetic blend, it gets really damn cold where i live, as cold as -40 ambient almost -50 with the wind on the worst of days, average is -20, what do you guys think? would a conventional be better? like a castrol? i have a conventional oil that only says shell on it.. dont know if it will cut it though

The oil you bought is good stuff. Is it 5w30 because that's what you need for cold weather, not 10w30

94Cheyenne

W/T 4 Life...
Reaction score
yeah, same concept as a bigger oil pan, but what if a pan is not in the cards... like off road etc, one would think that a bigger filter (more capacity/more surface area of filter element) would do the same to reduce temp and boost capacity.