The New Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 1998 GMC ecsb Z71 today. It is all stock, with 120,000 km (75,000 mi), original elder owner.

The good:
It has a Vortec 350, auto trans, push botton 4wd, 3.73 gears, g80 locker, 14 bolt SF rear axle. The interior needs a cleaning but is grey with buckets and console, all power, cruise and AC. It came with a complete brand new front d-shaft. Solid body and frame that is all undercoated. Factory wheels are in excellent condition.

The bad:
The body has some dents and scratches, needs steering coloum, heater hose fitting, heater conctrol switches, pitman and idler arms, and one 02 sensor. No 3rd door.

The short plans:
Remove mud flaps, box hooks, bug deflector. I already picked up the steering coloum, heater hose fitting, and heater control switches. Truck came with a new delco 02 sensor too. Junk yard also has some fender flares I will probably get too. Switch my clear head and park lights. get a front bumper valence for it. Once the 92 sells I will be getting a 2 inch bodylift and some 33 inch tires with some rims. Maybe swap my 4.56 housings.

The truck rides great, no noises. G80 locker sucks and can see missing my locker. Trans needs a shift kit to firm things up. I was very impressed with the fuel mileage it got on the drive home!

Some crappy dark pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice score. its getten harder everyday to find em with lower miles like that

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
What are you selling the '92 for? Not that your real close to my location but I am looking for a rcsb again. Nice find on the ext cab. Like TJ said above, very hard to find with low miles.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck... Plans??
See first post, but just a body lift and 33's. Keeping it simple.

What are you selling the '92 for? Not that your real close to my location but I am looking for a rcsb again. Nice find on the ext cab. Like TJ said above, very hard to find with low miles.
I've got a high price on the 92 right now, they sell for good money around here at times. If really interested shoot me a PM.

Can I ask what you got for mileage?
I didnt calculate it out but would fiqure 15+ maybe close to 20. Wont have any real number until I do some driving with it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I'm sure it doesn't bother you, but that sucks it doesn't have a 3rd door. Nice truck nonetheless.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the heater hose connector fixed, tightened up hose clamp on lower rad hose, inside heater controls replaced, headlights swicthed but parklights are a no go with the newer grill. What I thought was a donut gasket leak turned out to be a pin hole in passenger side manifold. So the fender flares are on hold until the exhaust is fixed up. Bug deflector is staying on since the paint is peeling under it in a couple of spots. I forgot how low a stock truck was, especially when working under it.