The Member Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTRAL

Reaction score
Intro - DTRAL

DTRAL (dropstharockalot) aka Al
Brownsburg, IN
1998 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr 4wd

You must be registered for see images attach

Winter / household projects truck... haul a load of mulch or lumber or whatever the wife has me working on this week. Light trailering. I'm here to learn enough to keep it running without paying a mechanic's mortgage while I'm at it. It could turn into an expedition/camping project if it doesn't eat a ton of expensive parts in the first year or two.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres how my truck looked like; Black Nasty. 1992 C1500 with 350 TBI/700R4 and 3.08 open. Had 332,000 on the clock but not a spec of rust on er. top of cab started to get a little bit crinkled as in the clear was going to peel soon. Borla XR1 exhaust. some other misc mods.

Heres how I bought the truck Oct 13/13.

Looked like when I had a bunch of stuff done to it.

What she looks like now :bawl:

And some pictures that I really liked of the truck..

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just have to wait for my adjuster to call me back on how much damage ($), and how much Manitoba public insurance can give me for the truck. If I sell it to them; Anything older than 1994 and they buy, and then you buy back from them, you can NOT register ever again. My plans were to keep the truck and find a 4x4 RCLB platform to work off of and rebuild my truck from ground up. Cab is about 1 1/2 inches closer to box on passenger side compared to drivers side. Going to take a lot of work, more money than should be put into a 22 year old truck. But it is MY truck, and is going to be MY truck. I could go buy another but thats not what I would want. I`m going to be taking off chrome and maybe put on a mesh GMC grille on it and some other things.. Cowl hood in the plans and engine rebuild.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clean truck. Not a fan of the visor, chrome bug guard, chrome handles and chrome window vent visors

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Heres how my truck looked like; Black Nasty. 1992 C1500 with 350 TBI/700R4 and 3.08 open. Had 332,000 on the clock but not a spec of rust on er. top of cab started to get a little bit crinkled as in the clear was going to peel soon. Borla XR1 exhaust. some other misc mods.

Heres how I bought the truck Oct 13/13.

Looked like when I had a bunch of stuff done to it.

What she looks like now :bawl:

And some pictures that I really liked of the truck..

That sucks man! Sorry to hear. But there's an upside! It killed some of that chrome!

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I liked the billet insert, but other than that... I`m kinda glad the chrome is killed. Trucks going to look a fair bit different after I get it rebuilt. I`ll probably make a build thread if you guys are interested. Going to be going through the whole truck.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I liked the billet insert, but other than that... I`m kinda glad the chrome is killed. Trucks going to look a fair bit different after I get it rebuilt. I`ll probably make a build thread if you guys are interested. Going to be going through the whole truck.
Definately interested!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree. I do like billet inserts in the grill but glad to here the rest of that chrome add on will be going away :)

1993Z71

Reaction score
Dang 94blu1500 you're right across the river from me.
Recent pic of my 1997 Chevrolet Silverado, 5.7, True Dualed, no mufflers, cranked level, tint, smoked taillights, Rockford Fosgate amp, 2 10'' Kenwoods, etc etc

When i first got it
Those DC2 Wheels Spice up any obs like nothing.Nice Wheels was thinking towards buying my 93 Some,Thats if it doesn't feel like giving me Any issues lol