The jdyates 1992 RCSB "build" thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Been starting quite a few threads so ive decided to make this one to reduce my spamming habit :lol:. This thread/build will probably move VERY slowly since i already pay insurance every month and don't really have the knowledge or capability to do anything major to my truck.

The story starts on November 7, 1994, exactly 5 days after i was born, my uncle bought this GMC and christened it "Black Beauty". Fast Forward to December 2010, a month after turning 16 and getting my license, my uncle gave me the truck with the conditions that i keep my grades up and get a job to pay for my own insurance/gas/general upkeep.

Sometime a few years before the truck was given to me, my uncle was unaware that the engine was running with no coolant and cracked the block (or whatever happens when they overheat) and had the engine rebuilt. Then en route to his buddys body shop to have some body work, moulding, and the paint redone, the fuel pump went out, as well as a line broken. Had those replaced too.

Anyway here is a crappy pic just after the new paint, without the toolbox.
You must be registered for see images attach

First thing i did was some LEDs under the headlights...

Then painted my air filter housing...

Replaced the headlights with brand-new OEM...

Cleared then Painted my needles...

Slapped a red chrome Monster sticker on the tailgate (i think it looks and matches nicely)...

Painted the GMC emblem on the grille...

Bought new centercaps (the smooth ones)

And the most recent things ive done were today. Rubberized my wheels and moved the LED strips from the grille to under the dash wired in as my courtesy lights...

The LEDs...

And thats it.....FOR NOW :evillol:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the new parking lights, pictured with the painted front emblem. Thanks guys.

Southern Pride, Going to look around locally for some spring spacers, if i cant find any, im going to try to get some online. This independent front suspension thing SUCKS. Wish i had a 4x4.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well actually the 4x4's are Independent Front Suspension :crazy: but I know what you're saying. It ain't no thang. Once you get it level, and maybe do a body lift and get it up it will start looking good. I'm interested to know where you got this $800 paint job?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Nice job on the wheels. I've been thinking of either polishing mine, or painting them black. Only thing is, if I paint them, I'm going to leave that outer rim polished, and just paint the inner portion of the wheels. But it looks good.

Don't EVER let anyone talk you into taking off the red pinstripe, it really makes that truck. Just for fun, if you have time, you could try adding one around that outer raised lip on the air cleaner, it would tie it into the truck. Just a thought.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't EVER let anyone talk you into taking off the red pinstripe, it really makes that truck. Just for fun, if you have time, you could try adding one around that outer raised lip on the air cleaner, it would tie it into the truck. Just a thought.

^^this! the leds under the dash look really bright, way more useful that the little stock 194s..

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Well actually the 4x4's are Independent Front Suspension :crazy: but I know what you're saying. It ain't no thang. Once you get it level, and maybe do a body lift and get it up it will start looking good. I'm interested to know where you got this $800 paint job?

Not sure, i think a friend of my uncle hooked him up with a good deal.

Nice job on the wheels. I've been thinking of either polishing mine, or painting them black. Only thing is, if I paint them, I'm going to leave that outer rim polished, and just paint the inner portion of the wheels. But it looks good.

I vote full black IMO. Your Yukon is a nice color but polished rims wouldnt match very well with it. Thats why i did mine black. I plan on removing/painting over as much chrome as i can from my truck.

^^this! the leds under the dash look really bright, way more useful that the little stock 194s..

Yeah they are bright as hell. Much more practical for me since i work alot until midnight so i guess you could say i do quite a bit of nighttime driving.

Glad to see that you took the LED strips off of the grill.

Yeah i thought they were cool when i first got them but now they started to look ricey.