The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You could also try running seafoam/mystery oil in oil that's rated for 15k+ mile oil change interval and run it 3k miles with the added cleaners. The high interval oil has more suspension additives that regular oil to keep sludge suspended for those long changing intervals. That should really clean it out. Then run an oil analysis on it if you want, or at least run it on the next normal oil change.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Better'n it was.

You must be registered for see images attach
Looks very familiar except for the floor stick. Those buckets are loads better than the ones in my Burb....our first '99 Burb had tan interior and the current Burb has gray/neutral interior. I'm considering converting to cloth seats if I can find some when I'm not broke....
We'd had Rawhide a week when I was asked "would you be interested in selling this truck?" at a train crossing in Jacinto City/east Houston. I think there's been at least one other time that happened, somewhere else.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks very familiar except for the floor stick. Those buckets are loads better than the ones in my Burb....our first '99 Burb had tan interior and the current Burb has gray/neutral interior. I'm considering converting to cloth seats if I can find some when I'm not broke....
We'd had Rawhide a week when I was asked "would you be interested in selling this truck?" at a train crossing in Jacinto City/east Houston. I think there's been at least one other time that happened, somewhere else.

I need to find one of those tapicerias and get the seats recovered and the headliner refreshed. Supposedly there's a guy out here who does first class work. I just need second class though.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Wow that's a grungy motor, how many miles are on it?
I did the water pump, lower hose and bypass hoses in my cousin's driveway, January 2019. Then got to replace the water pump 3 weeks later cause it was bad....at least it's a fairly easy job on a 2wd 350.
I'm watching Rawhide to be sure the only drips are from the AC. Not looking forward to seeing orange drool.... cause since everything is original, I'll have to get the pump, both big hoses and the little ones, and replace the belt too while I'm in there. Prolly $200 in parts even with the discount.....

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayep.

You must be registered for see images attach
I get it 100%. Prices on "first class" interior work will make your eyes water.

Richard
There is a guy local to me who does great work - and you’re right, it is pricey. Always has a back log and always has cool stuff in his shop. I’ve had him do some work for me in the past. Eventually I want him to do leather in my ‘95.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a grungy motor, how many miles are on it?
I did the water pump, lower hose and bypass hoses in my cousin's driveway, January 2019. Then got to replace the water pump 3 weeks later cause it was bad....at least it's a fairly easy job on a 2wd 350.
I'm watching Rawhide to be sure the only drips are from the AC. Not looking forward to seeing orange drool.... cause since everything is original, I'll have to get the pump, both big hoses and the little ones, and replace the belt too while I'm in there. Prolly $200 in parts even with the discount.....

255K. Probably been leaking for 100k+.

I got it down to the pic in about an hour. I waited until about an hour before sundown so I could work as comfortably as possible.

I might do the power steering pump because I think it's leaking too, and I already made all this room.

Water pump (AC Delco even) and radiator are very new, which was a nice surprise, but the coolant was very diluted so I'm glad I did this before it gets cold.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
255K. Probably been leaking for 100k+.

I got it down to the pic in about an hour. I waited until about an hour before sundown so I could work as comfortably as possible.

I might do the power steering pump because I think it's leaking too, and I already made all this room.

Water pump (AC Delco even) and radiator are very new, which was a nice surprise, but the coolant was very diluted so I'm glad I did this before it gets cold.
Yeah north of Austin, y'all actually get winter. We mainly get rain in greater Houston area. Though in '21 we did actually get some snow and ice; stuck in the trailer for 4 days, wearing most of the layers we had.....