The Body Lift Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
link didn't work but summit body lift is the cheapest, it's a reboxxed performance accessories kit. Streetsideauto.com price beats, and at one point amazon was cheaper then all of them.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
dirtridinz71 thats a badass wrap you got on your rig...Its a wrap right? Looks awsome!
I ordered the Performance accesories 3" body lift but i got it off allliftkits.com for $212.45...Free shipping, and it included the front bumper relocater, seem like a good deal from the research ive done. It doesnt come with gap guards, But Im just gonna make my own with some rubber sheeting which should be easy.

Its in the mail as of today so ill take some before and after pics and be sure to post em up here.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well prepare to plant your face in your hands because the same kit is like $180 on summit and free shipping.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-10013/

the PA kit is actually cheaper then the summit one...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-7811300/

That PA kit would be $186.90 shipped to my door. Then again streetsideauto price beats and has free shipping, so someone could get it even cheaper.

$174.95 shipped to the door from streetsideauto.com.

sorry man, that's always my luck I order junk then see it cheaper.

Last edited:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dirtridinz71 thats a badass wrap you got on your rig...Its a wrap right? Looks awsome!
I ordered the Performance accesories 3" body lift but i got it off allliftkits.com for $212.45...Free shipping, and it included the front bumper relocater, seem like a good deal from the research ive done. It doesnt come with gap guards, But Im just gonna make my own with some rubber sheeting which should be easy.

Its in the mail as of today so ill take some before and after pics and be sure to post em up here.

Yes it is a wrap. Gap gaurds are very simple to make, not worth even buying ones imo.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
So how long has it taken some of you guys to install your body lift? 2 guys and a weekend? anyone had trouble getting the bolts out? also will steel work alright for gap guards? or will it transfer vibration and make noise? anyone got pics of the pipes coming straight out the back wil a bl?
thanks in advance

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So how long has it taken some of you guys to install your body lift? 2 guys and a weekend? anyone had trouble getting the bolts out? also will steel work alright for gap guards? or will it transfer vibration and make noise? anyone got pics of the pipes coming straight out the back wil a bl?
thanks in advance

I did mine up in an afternoon with a couple firends, weve done a few though before. Its best to spray the bolts you can with penetrant a few days before starting, the bolts can break and its no fun drilling when they do. Steel gap gaurds will work, but will make noise if loose any, plus heavier and harder to make then rubber.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
well prepare to plant your face in your hands because the same kit is like $180 on summit and free shipping.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRA-10013/

the PA kit is actually cheaper then the summit one...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-7811300/

That PA kit would be $186.90 shipped to my door. Then again streetsideauto price beats and has free shipping, so someone could get it even cheaper.

$174.95 shipped to the door from streetsideauto.com.

sorry man, that's always my luck I order junk then see it cheaper.

Damnit.....oh well, i guess its done with. :nono:

sooooo, for my gap guards im thinking of just buying a cheap rubber sheeting bed mat for a truck and cutting according. They are a dime a dozen on craigslist, and it will give me plenty of material to work with. I got my eye on a 7.5 foot bed mat for 40 bucks. I think that would be cheaper then buying the raw material for a hardware store, and plenty durable. I will either get studs or cut off threaded bolt or screw shafts maybe about 5mm and weld them to the inside of the bed and inner fender wells, punch holes in the rubber and poke it through and fasten it with washers and stainless nuts. No drilling required.

Should work and look good, usually the bed mats are ribbed on one side so the bottom of the rubber that usually isnt ribbed wil be visible as the gap guard.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sooooo, for my gap guards im thinking of just buying a cheap rubber sheeting bed mat for a truck and cutting according. They are a dime a dozen on craigslist, and it will give me plenty of material to work with. I got my eye on a 7.5 foot bed mat for 40 bucks. I think that would be cheaper then buying the raw material for a hardware store, and plenty durable. I will either get studs or cut off threaded bolt or screw shafts maybe about 5mm and weld them to the inside of the bed and inner fender wells, punch holes in the rubber and poke it through and fasten it with washers and stainless nuts. No drilling required.

Should work and look good, usually the bed mats are ribbed on one side so the bottom of the rubber that usually isnt ribbed wil be visible as the gap guard.

Seems much more work and money for just gap gaurds. Just check with any local contruction companies and see if they have any rubber belting. Chances are they will just give it to you. Drill holes through rubber and then into the bed and use plastic tree clips to hold it in there, only cost about $5.

llmacgregor

Reaction score
Im not drilling through into my bed, i haul ****.... Ill just post pics of how I do it. 40 bucks is what its gonna cost me, plus time. it will work good!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hauling doesn't have anything to do with drilling, you just do the fender well on the inside, it never shows thruy in the bed, that part is below the bed floor.